Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was excited about planning my first long ride so i thought i would tell all...lol
Me, my brother and a mate in March 2011 down the east coast of Queensland, inland a short way to go over the dividing range then visit the relatives a few days then back towards home again, approx 3000k's or 1875mile (from memory)
Can't wait till March now......:D

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Come on March ! We should be waking up the bikes about then over here in the mid- Atlantic region.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Yer a lucky one mate! One question though, why wait 'till March, too hot fer ya until then? LOL

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
You live in a place with a lot of natual beauty. This is a chance to show our northen mates something where they will have to say I must get there. We will not mention the bucket. Eric

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yer a lucky one mate! One question though, why wait 'till March, too hot fer ya until then? LOL
Budoka - you might need to send me one of those cooling suits! yes, lol
mainly work commitments and the wet season will be over (hopefully) by then too! nothing for us up this way to be cut off from rest of the country! :eek: get's worse the more north you go as well, lucky we will be heading south.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
So the Aussis's fly South for the Summer, Toilet bowls go the Opposite direction, Oh & they have funny accents????? I knew I should have paid more attention in Geography class.

Actually I should have paid more attention in any class. That way I wouldn't have had to clean sewers, oil burners or refrigeration equipment in my adult life. By the way does anyone know what age you actually become an adult??? The reason I ask is the little lady keeps telling me to stop acting like a kid. Just wondering?

Cloud didn't mean to hijack your thread. Good luck with your plans for the trip. I always enjoy riding with my brother as well. Keeps us posted.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Been as far north as Townsville, but that was in October (darn fine weather then if you ask me). Would have loved to go farther North to Cairns and maybe Darwin, but time ran out on us. Yes we will return.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been as far north as Townsville, but that was in October (darn fine weather then if you ask me). Would have loved to go farther North to Cairns and maybe Darwin, but time ran out on us. Yes we will return.
The wet season is early this year! Oct/Nov so hopefully it will finish early too!

This could turn into a Super moderator thing! maybe a SMAT! Super Mod. Aussie Tour! picking up Adelaide (Eric), Sydney (WDU) & me in North Qld!! There you go start planning this one lads.

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
Because of the mileage some of my USA mate do. And the small amount that I do. I have a new club here in Adelaide. It's called the CAT club. If you are strugling to work this out, it is the Candy Ass Tours. Members are 1/ I can only ride for 60 miles before I need a rest. 2/ I'm not going if it's wet. 3/ My helmet hurts my head after 40 miles. If you have a better excuse , you may join, membership is free. I don't discriminate you can live in any country. The last member to welcome is frosty. He does't even make it hard enough to be called a soft serve. Just extending it onto SMAT as a touring club if you do not qualify in one club you could try the other.LOL.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
No worries there Eric, just ride, stop and rest, and ride again. And if your brain bucket hurts yer nut, ye might need a new one (seriously).

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Because of the mileage some of my USA mate do. And the small amount that I do. I have a new club here in Adelaide. It's called the CAT club. If you are strugling to work this out, it is the Candy Ass Tours. Members are 1/ I can only ride for 60 miles before I need a rest. 2/ I'm not going if it's wet. 3/ My helmet hurts my head after 40 miles. If you have a better excuse , you may join, membership is free. I don't discriminate you can live in any country. The last member to welcome is frosty. He does't even make it hard enough to be called a soft serve. Just extending it onto SMAT as a touring club if you do not qualify in one club you could try the other.LOL.
LMAO,.....very good Eric.
Can't wait to see the patch.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well my friends! MARCH is here and the wet season is still here more than ever! we have been beaten up by cylcone's we are measuring our rain in meters but our trip is still planned for us to leave on the 20th, the show will go on & it takes more than that to keep a QUEENSLANDER down! (sorry Len! this year might be the year of the Blue's mate!) NNOTT!!! (League Footy joke to our American friends)

I'm like a kid in a candy shop!

Come'on March 20 for the long ride south to NSW border & back again!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Atta boy '09! Never give in or give up. Some of my most memorable rides have been in inclement weather; 'course was much younger then...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey Eric, do you take associate members? I have a nephew I would like to enroll in your CAT. He has a 200-mile ass. :) He's a big fellow, 6'4", strong as a ox and drinks like a fish but can't seem to travel more than 200 miles daily. He only rides with me on short trips. :)

Oh, about planning long trips: REMEMBER!! The first 8 to 10 K's (roughly 5 miles US) starting off and ending a journey are the most dangerous parts of the trip. On the last leg of the trip, stop about a half hour from home and have a cup of Joe or a soda and you'll arrive home more refreshed.

Ride Safe and have a good trip.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sounds like a club for me. Yesterday at work my boss asked why I didn't ride the bike. I said "'Cause it's raining and gonna get cold(50's)". He says "You need to put some wax paper on your seat". Of course I step right into the joke by saying "Gee, what does the wax paper do?" He says "It keeps your candy ass from sticking to the seat". (Boss rides every day - no matter what.) HaHa on me :eek:

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
T Rex: It would be great to get more CAT members. My brother gave me that handle when I could hardly sit down after riding a 30 year old RD 200 Yamaha 400 miles. I thought I should have been given a medal for the effort.
Clould 09: Best of luck with the ride. They build them tough up there and you can't keep a good man down. Make sure you take photo's for us all. We just have to keep planting the seed and one day we can show our northern mates around a bit.Eric

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cloud & Eric

First off go for it Cloud the ride sounds like fun and wish I could be there to ride along this Ohio weather just won't give in. But Cloud even if I were able to be there I guess I fit the {CAT} club criteria that is 7 miles small coffee then 40 miles lunch and 40 more home for a nap LOL. Enjoy Cloud and Eric I think I fit you club may I be a member.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update:
O how the plans change! my brother (RT BMW) who was hitching a lift over from Darwin (two bikes on back of a ute) with his mate who was dropping my brother off here in Townsville so we could leave on our ride! Darwin has been cut off with rain! there goes plan A anyway! plan B which is currently under way has my brother flying over from Darwin, buying a $8000 second hand BMW from Cairns & riding down to Townsville (370km)!!!! now he is cut off by flood halfway down to me and spent the night over, now he waits for the road to open to get here today (Fri) ready for us to leave on (Sun)....... My bro figures that once we have done our ride he will put both bikes on the market and first one that sells he will keep the other! but i reckon he will leave it over here with me in Townsville so he can fly in from anywhere and he has a ride!! lol
Seem's like NOTHING is going to stop this ride...........:)

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
Talk about going the extra mile. There wouldn't be too many people that would do that. He is a good bro. I seen that you had more rain up there but lost track of when the ride was on. A must have on this trip, with your wet weather gear should be flippers. LOL. Let the ride begin. Eric

1 - 20 of 30 Posts