Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be retired in the next 3 weeks:), so, I can finally plan some longer adventures. The boss and I are starting to plan a trip to Alaska from S-Cal. Google shows it about 3400 miles to Whittier from my home. I've been reading as much Google/forum posts as possible, however, I have a whole bunch more questions for those that have made this trip, I sure could use your experienced advice.

My plan, at this point, is to ride via S-Cal to Bellingham to Denali to Whittier and take a Ferry back to Billingham via the inland passage and on home via the PCH. This 'plan' is very open at this time and my departure point in Alaska is not fixed in stone. I'm waiting on replies from the Ferry service as to the route itineraries. I've also logged into Milepost.

Some practical questions;
1. Should I plan on replacement tires/oil change in Alaska.
2. Whats the best month to avoid wet and squidos?
3. Any mods rx for the Wing?
4. Are there enough motels that I don't need to reserve, should I bring a tent?
5. What kinda miles are reasonable per day.
6. Should I carry extra fuel?
7. What am I missing?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Great, thanks for replying. Did you need to make reservations for the Ferry? Where did you start/finish the Ferry at? Did you get the tire changed in Alaska? Where? What percentage did you get rain, what were ave temps? anything you needed that you should have brought?

·
Administrator
28,870 Posts

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
I read a thread a few years ago bout a guy and his wife who went up there and set up a tent on the deck of the ferry and no one said anything. They got the privacy of a tent to sleep without the price of a cabin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.