Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I am having a heck of a time with this. For some reason, it wont show the other route. Going from Bakersfield to Kansas City, they also show you going back up to Denver, and going across to Kansas City. Any opinions on which route would be better? I would be leaving Austin, and going to Bakersfield first, then over to Kansas City, before heading back to Austin.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
BigDaddy: It looks like a great trip. Are you planning on 3 week or so. There is so much to see. Is Sue taking her bike.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Eric. Don't think I will be a me to be gone more the. 2 weeks. This all depends on my work. The past couple I years, I have bad lots of time off because of no work. So I was just thinking of someplace I could go on the bike (I have way too am y aces I want to go) I have a sister in California, and one Kansas City, and I have never been to either ones place. I don't know if Sue could get that much time off work, so I may be going alone. Just have to wait and see what my work brings this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
I would love to ride down through Southern Utah. Every April when I visit Arizona I ask myself, " Will this be the year I trip up to Utah ? ".

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
BD, the one recommendation I have is be sure to ride some of 66 just for the heck of it. Some of the small towns along the route really play it up.:cool:

Oh and another suggestion is bag that yahoomap stuff. Either use bing or google, they cooperate better.

Check out some roads in the states you'll be in.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
I have to agree with Chopin. At Flagstaff cut north on US 160 up to US 163 and US 191 to Moab. Just north of Moab take Hwy 128 up to I-70. Breathtaking!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.