Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard that Wing Ding for 2011 will be in Knoxville, Tennessee.:)

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Tanks Lady. The wife and I have a " friend " in Dandridge. TN. Might be a good time to visit him.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hey now, we might even go to that one!
As much as I said I never would, I do have a Cousin there I been needing to visit for years now.

The wife and I promised our selves that we would never call any accessory a "Farkle" and we will not join any clubs where the average age of members is 15 years older than us..........lol.

Not say'in it's a bad thing at all! Just trying to hold off old age as long as we can!

In case you are wondering, I am 44 and the better half is 46. And we both still act like we are 30 most of the time.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
H
In case you are wondering, I am 44 and the better half is 46. And we both still act like we are 30 most of the time.
I was wondering when you were going to act my age. When I was ten, you were smearing ice cream on your face while your mom lighted one birthday candle on the cake and every one sang, " Happy Birthday dear ..... Buzzzzzzzzzy...... Happy Birthday toooooo yoooooou...... ! "

·
Registered
466 Posts
I know it's gotta be hard Chop, but NEVER give up your youth!

And I don't understand, you are withing that 15 year mark, I can still come out and play with ya!
'
'
'
'
'
'YOU OLD FART!...............lol

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Honda Hoot was held there for a number of years. Great place to visit and lots of great roads to ride. I'll probably put this one on my schedule for next year. Thanks for the heads up..

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really hope it will be Knoxville,next year. I really would like to attend and that is close. for me!
I've heard really good things about the Hoots in Knoxville.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Sounds ok!

Honda had the hoot there and I did attend. Many great rides around. Beautiful part of the country. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Maybe as the time approaches we should set up a post to see who on the forum would be interested in going to the rally in Knoxville. We could set up a time and place to meet and plan some rides together. Keep a mental note of this and around March 2011 we can see if anyone is interested in attending. That would give us time to reserve rooms and register for the rally.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Yes, I had heard this also. It is a good area to ride to and we may actually go to this one. Nearby are the Smoky Mountains, the Dragon, and the Cherohala Skyway. One I would recommend is a day going to Hot Springs, NC. Take Interstate 40 through the Smoky’s then take NC 209 to Hot Springs. You can go back across the mountains via US 25/70 for about a 200 mile loop. Rode the 209 a couple months ago; lots of fun twisties with very little traffic. For an added local flavor, get off I-40 at exit 20 (one exit early), just north of the interstate take a right on Rabbit Skin road. When you get to the bridge, cross the river and take a right. Riverside Drive will take you to Hwy 209. Very nice scenery along the whole route. I’ve also heard about a good loop west of Knoxville but forget what they call it.

Buzzy, your comment on the age of GWRRA members is true, but still stings. I’m 53 and among the younger members of our active group. Not all of us act our age, for me behind the eyeballs I still think I’m 25.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For those that know... is this open to anyone even if you aren't in any type of group? As for the age thing that got started on here... my girlfriend and I just got our Goldwing 2 weeks ago and we are 41 and 40 respectively. We still ride my GSX-R 1000 too and I have been getting beaten up by my friends that I now have an "old man" bike but we love the Wing. We will try to make it to the Wing Ding in Tennessee if we can... we still have young children to deal with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts