Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on heading to wing ding in 2012 leaving NH heading across Canada and dropping down through Michigan and Im looking for a clean safe place for an overnight along 401 in the area of Trenton Ontario. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Planning on heading to wing ding in 2012 leaving NH heading across Canada and dropping down through Michigan and Im looking for a clean safe place for an overnight along 401 in the area of Trenton Ontario. Any suggestions?
If you join the Goldwing Road Riders Association and check their Goldbook, you would have members offering camping spots and or overnight accommodations to traveling members.

I use Priceline.com and their "name your own price" feature to get the best deal available. I stayed in Vegas for $20 a night and in Phoenix for $29.00 a night, double occupancy. That included breakfast. Flagstaff was $27.00. Two star rating stuff. Nothing fancy, but clean and safe.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Gold Book as Larry mentioned. We have a few members in Ontario but not sure if there are any near Trenton, maybe someone has some ideas. Strat, Badrider etc are somewhere in the vicinity but the GTA and surrounding is a big busy place, and Trenton (Gold Book shows 3 members of GWRRA and Belleville shows a dozen or so) is closer to Belleville so maybe start checking there. Just be prepared for horrible traffic snarls on the 401 depending on time of day:( and how close you are to Toronto.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Hi Bill, as budoka suggested, I would check the gold book. We have a big army base there. That is where the fallen soldiers land. Then they head west on the 401 to the coroner's office at the Centre for Forensic Sciences in Toronto. It is called the Highway of Hero's. It is one of the busiest Hwy's in North America. Try not to travel it in rush hours.http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario_Highway_401

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
If you're coming this way I would take the time to ride along the Thousand Island Parkway, and if you have a little more time take 33 from Kinston to Trenton. It follows the lake and you get to have a little ferry ride (free) as well it's a really nice ride. There are all sorts of places to stay in that area. I would like to echo the thought on the 401 get through Toronto early if it's a weekday but even on weekends it's busy. If it looks busy when you get to Pickering exit Brock Road head north to the 407 it's a toll road but it can save a lot aggravation and time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts