Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone out there in cyber space advise me as to which pipes sound best. I just want some deeper sound to them. A little bit more than factory. I don't need super loud but I would like it to sound like an engine and not a sewing machine.

I have tried listening to a couple of different one's online but it's hard to distinguish which one's are the real deal. My brother has a Harley and he puts a stage two on his. That's the middle of the road sound. Stage one is from factory, two is louder and three louder still. I don't know if the pipes for the Wing are similar to the Harley one's. Again, I don't want something obnoxious but I would like some Porche like sound. I also want to have the pipes installed by a mechanic, who can adjust the mapping, if necessary.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Custom Exhaust

I have a 84 and I put together a custom exhaust. I bought 2 glass packs from JCW they cost me bout 40 dollars. Went down to my local muffler shop and the installed a real nice set up for me.The mufflers were 24 in long with a 3 1/2 round diameter.Each end had a 2 inch inlet and outlet. The sound is fabulous!! Just like a Porsche!!! The whole deal with shippin cost me $140.Make sure the mufflers go on at the end. Put 2 2 1/4" chrome turn downs that I got from OREILLYS AUTO Parts on the ends of the glasss packs. I painted all the stuff with high heat flat black paint. They mounted the glass packs under the saddel bags. They used the same mounting place for the pipes on the passenger pegs.I have pics in gallery.

·
Administrator
26,173 Posts
Hear lots of good response about the Cobra pipes. Some talk about Torquemaster, not sure about any other manufacturers. The Cobras would be my choice as they have a guarantee, but haven't taken the plunge yet. Rumour has it I have a tax refund coming (whoopie) so some extra farkling may be in order. Pipes and LED lights are on the goodie list.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now, when you're talking pipes budoka, (Cobra and Torquemaster), are they add - ons or are they a completely new pipe from front to back?

·
Administrator
26,173 Posts
They're both slip-ons as far as I know, but the Torquemaster also has a set of 'torqtuubs' that replace some of the system farther up towards the header pipe. Never done an install on either one, but most say it's pretty straight forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts