·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daytona pipe.jpg

Standard pipe.jpg

Hi all

Just wanted to see if anyone may have any idea's to fix a small problem:
My buddy recently came home from a USA trip with a new set of Daytona's (jealous i was as they are on my wishlist too!!!) anyway we fitted them to the bike not to much hassle apart from the chrome cover plate that covers the connection & clamp, now does not seem to match up right as it did with the standard pipes we have persisted with getting the fitting right and tried different positions etc but just does not seem to have that same fit as before, the two little male ends on each pipe seem to be in the holes ok on the cover plate side also, the new pipes seem to be flush as far as they will go and no leaks, sounds great just that before i get mine i would like to know if anyone has any idea that may fix it.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
That's quite a gap. And the problem is not in performance but in a finished look ? I'm thinking of a chrome ring ...... I can see it in my mind....... Can a bit of length be shaved off where they join ?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Chopin, that is what we were thinking too! maybe shave off some on the pipe end would do it! the performance is fine, just that i was going after a set also in the new year myself but if we don't fix this issue i'm not to sure i will as i can't see why they would not fit as smug as standard pipes

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Yeah Chopin, that is what we were thinking too! maybe shave off some on the pipe end would do it! the performance is fine, just that i was going after a set also in the new year myself but if we don't fix this issue i'm not to sure i will as i can't see why they would not fit as smug as standard pipes
Great minds think alike ??? Cut it down. It's his bike.

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
I don't know anything about this, I just need to keep posting so Chopin won't pass me by.........LOL...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
The chrome covers have a small fit issue with my Kingsnakes too, but it's so minimal I just let it go. The gap on your pal's bike looks far bigger. I did have a bear of a time getting the covers to snug up but I did manage to get them pretty tight.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
I don't know anything about this, I just need to keep posting so Chopin won't pass me by.........LOL...
S.O.B! It's not about Quantity, it's about Quality!!!!!!! Let's hope that we are judged by a jury of our peers and not by all the forum members. Thanks for the smile C.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guy's i think between shave a little off and a bit more persistance we will get these tight! at the time i'm sure you can appreciate that at the time all we wanted was them to fit so we could hear/test them!! like two school boys in a candy shop.......lol

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Hey Paul, if you want to really get a giggle out of the new sound, wait for a real warm, muggy evening. Find find a nice wide open road in an industrial section of town (or better yet a tunnel or big overpass) and then have your buddy ride through it and open the tap and run her up through the gears. Made me feel like a teenager all over again.:D:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts