Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am have my gw pin striped this week and thought I would like to hear from all of you on color choices. The bike is a 95 pearl serria green. I am having 3 different colors put on it. Ideas? Thanks, Linden:D

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
Linden, from my perspective I would say Grey, Gold & Orange however DO NOT go by me because when I bought my 95 it had striping on it. My bike is Spectra Red & the striping was Yellow, Green & Red.

Notice what I said the bike "HAD" striping. One of the guys I work with used to detail cars & I had him wet sand the striping off, buff it & put it back to stock.

But good luck in your search for colors.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I always listen to my pinstripe guy (Ray Hero) on the color choices I should go with. On my Prowler Orange Valk he picked out Green, Gold and Magenta. Sounded bad when I first heard it but with him being the artist I trust him. He's done work for me on about 15 jobs (sometime the same bike 3-4 times) and never been disappointed in his judgement. If you trade bikes often it's better to leave the artwork off. Pinstriping techniquies change so quickly a bike will look outdated in several years.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Ask you striper guy, they usually know best, have him do a little and if you don't like the colors he can remove it and try others. Most stripers will have pictures you can look at also before they start, I had my 08 done but didn't want it to bold, I think it came out nice. It Titanium and the stripping is two shades of light tan

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks to everyone so far. Chopin114, yes that is the color, I almost thought you took a photo of my bike :). I have known my striper for 16 years, he has been doing this since 1955 and you are all right about letting them pick the colors. His style is old school like von dutch. I hope I can ride a straight line like he paints when I am 73. this is some of his work: http://www.pinheadlounge.com/BobDavidson

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
That's not a pinstriping job your getting: that's art work. Got to love the picture of the " art de' coffin ". Great morbid humor. I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever Bob does.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He has done my other bike and both our cars. I am always happy with his work. They used the coffin as an ice chest for a car show.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I too agree with Joe and heavychevy, get input from the artist. It's great to have an idea of what you want, but they have tons of ideas rattling around those creative minds! I had my bike done this past year by Van Goh out of STL. I was thinking linear lines, I prefer the art to enhance the bike, not the other way around. I wound up with nothing I had in mind, other than thin subtle lines and some yellow (on a blue bike) for my wife, the artist was leary about the yellow but even he wound up liking it. Good luck!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Boys and Girls, the bike went to the pinstripers today, he is using gold and redish color (from the gw badge) with variegated gold leaf. I will post some photos when I get it back.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are a few pix of the striping, it has varagated gold leaf on the front, side saddle and side trunk. Like to hear your coments (good or bad). :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
As a tee shirt expression I once saw said, " Miss. I'm not a gynocologist. But I'll have a look.... " Sweet flair. It gives a nice depth to the bike. Breaks up the mono-tone. Subtle and sophisticated. Need a total bike photo to see it in complete perspective. I need your friends.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
move to Washington and you can have them. :) Full view photo to follow. Thanks, Linden

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks good. I personally prefer the paint over too much chrome to make the bike look different from stock. In my humble opinion, the pin striping, paint, and or seat customization are the best ways to change the mass production look that the bike invariably has.

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
Even though I'm a stock look guy, I will say it looks like real quality work, also different from what you normally see as well.

Nice job Linden.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts