Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched ebay and the web but can't find the pinstripes that I see on others bikes. If you have some pinstripes on your bike tell me where you got them.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I suppose you could find some pre-made pinstriping out there, but. if you want that true custom look, you need to be looking for a pinstripe artist. They are all over, you can usually find one or two at any motorcycle rally and they often have shops. Most have a base style, though it helps to have an idea of what YOU want, in styles and colors, but don't be afraid to take their suggestions, they are artists! Be prepared to pay for it though, depending on what you want will cost you, I had my bike done 2 years ago, the artist did the front fender, fairing sides, false tank sides, saddlebags (sides and back) and trunk (sides and back) with striping, 3 colors $400.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Whacker is spot on with this. As far as I know they are Hand Painted on by some very talented people. Talk to a local body shop or your bike dealer I'm sure they can help.

A side note is, I had them removed from my bike. They were right on top of the clear coat & one of our guys at work use to do body work. A little wet sanding, some buffing & the Wing was back to stock. My kind of look.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
There are some places that sell the "vinyl" stick on stuff, but the real painting that you see is done by professionals. If you get your bike done, remember to post some pics for us.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Most body shops or sign shops can do it, If you see a bike with striping you like ask them where they got it done.
CLICK ON PICTURE FOR LARGER VIEW

Attachments

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most body shops or sign shops can do it, If you see a bike with striping you like ask them where they got it done.
CLICK ON PICTURE FOR LARGER VIEW
Yea Joe, that's what I am talking about. But from looking closely this looks like hand painted, right? What did this cost you if you don't mind?

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I would suggest having done by hand, top it off with you and your brides names on the back of the trunk.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Monkeywrench, this is just a site where one can build a website. Did you list the correct one?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts