Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone been down this road and what were the results with a 1994 GL1500. 49 state bike.

#1 - I have a nasty heasitation off idle. I'm waiting for the "D" tool to adj the air mixture but has anyone bumped the pilots from 65 to 68? If so, how much change at the air mixture screw was required.
I still don't know where mine are set at yet till I get the tool.

#2 Because of the complexity of servicing the carbs I'm thinking of bypassing the heat function. (I'm in Fla.) Looping the hoses input to output at both the carb end and down near the oil filter where they originate.

#3 Anyone deleted the pair valve. I've done it to several bikes, hondas and kawasakis, with no ill effects and alot less crap in the way when service is required.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
the carbs on my 1500 have been trouble free so far

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
se foam is good stuff

After I ran a can thru it and knowing it sat off and on for a while, when i opened up the carbs they looked brand new. My tool came in and on air mix was at 1.25 out and the other 2 turns. I set them both for 2.25 and will go from there leaving the original 65 pilot jets in.

Still would like some feed back on heater tubes and pair valves.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
I live in Florida and my Wing runs the heater tubes and pair valves. I have np problems with the carbs. When was the last time the carbs were synced?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carb sync is unknown yet

I'll sync after its all back together.
I know the heater and pair are not the cause of the hesitation.
Just trying to make any future access eaisier but eliminating excess crap.
Don't see a need for either as I have had several other bikes and removed anything non-essential.
Anyone bump the pilot jets to improve off idle throttle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts