Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Piggy Backer Trailer tire pressure
I have this trailer I bought last year, I have the 8" wheels which say to inflate to 60LBS.

This seams really high and provides a rough ride. I am thinking more around 30 maybe? One of my bags vibrated so much on the side of the shell it broke through and wore a hole in my
mouth wash bottle. I am hoping some foam padding or carpet on the inside and adjusting the tire pressure. TP suggestions from experience?

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
60 psi sounds high to me, but it depends on the tire rating. It may also say inflate to 60 psi for max load capability of the tires, so a lower pressure could be ok depending on the load you carry.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
60 lbs would be necessary if you have 500 lbs on the trailer. As light as it is, I pulled it to Phoenix and back from Seattle and used 35 lbs. The tires didn't wear in the middle, like I think they would if inflated to 60 lbs.

I have a TagAlong rather than PiggyBacker, but I think they are made pretty close to each other in China.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
I have 5-70-8's on my Kwik Kamp pop up tent trailer they call for 75 psi cold max load 910 lbs, doubt that the kwik kamp weights half that. I've been running 20 to 25 psi for years never a problem.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback
I think 25-30lbs sounds correct I do not have that much weight in this thing, maybe 100 lbs not much more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts