Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok to use Pig Spit Glass & Plexi Cleaner on the stock Goldwing windshield? It does not contain any Ammonia but does contain Ethyl Alcohol. Please let me know. Thanks

·
Administrator
26,212 Posts
Welcome kb1957, sorry, but I don't know if ethanol would hurt the w/s. They put it in auto w/s fluid for the winter but auto's have safety glass shields. Hopefully some here knows more than me (pretty high percentage chance of that I'd say!:D)

·
Super Moderator
9,879 Posts
I've never heard of that product. Is it made from real "pig spit" or is it a synthisized product???? I use Plexus on my screen and whole bike and never had a problem..

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forum from Pa. Ride safe and enjoy the site..

·
Super Moderator
11,893 Posts
I won't recommend it to anybody else, but I use auto windshield wash on my windscreen all the time. Gets the bugs off!

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,879 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,760 Posts
I was in Costco so I stopped by the vision department to chat. I asked the attendant what my lenses were made of and was told a polycarbonate, sounds like the same material as a Goldwing windshield. Seeing that my lenses were dirty, she pulled them off my head and commenced to clean them with rubbing alcohol. Hmmmm..............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts