Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Gunnar. It looks like a 2012 !;) That's a great passenger back rest. The fellows here should give you the info you're looking for. I can only give you compliments.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Gunnar. It looks like a 2012 !;) That's a great passenger back rest. The fellows here should give you the info you're looking for. I can only give you compliments.
Hey chopin....that is not a 2012 wing....:eek:

It is a 1200 wing....not sure what year though.

Gunnar...look on the front fork area right side between the fairing and handle bars and see if there is a sticker there. It should tell you the year of the wing.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
thats not a 1200 wing bamaeagle it is about an '82 goldwing that someone put a 1200 motor in

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
It looks like a GL1100 to me, has the right fairing for an 1100.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it´s a 1100 bike, and I also know it has a 1200 engine from a 1986 bike, I would like to know what year it is.
The sticker in the fairing is gone because it was painted two years ago.
I think it´s either 81 or 82 but is it possible to see what it is?

Best to all
Gunnar Már

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Great looking bike. Do you have titles for motorcycles? If you have the VIN, we should be able to find out a year.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
I know it´s a 1100 bike, and I also know it has a 1200 engine from a 1986 bike, I would like to know what year it is.
The sticker in the fairing is gone because it was painted two years ago.
I think it´s either 81 or 82 but is it possible to see what it is?

Best to all
Gunnar Már
other than checking maybe the paint codes ( if it is the original color ) it would be hard to say because '80 - 83 wings all had the same body work, '80 - '82 wings all had the same comstar wheels ( '83 wings had comcast wheels which look simular to the 1200s cast wheels )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The original color was light brown if that will help you.
I'll check the win number tomorrow and post it in here.
Best to all

Gunnar Már

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
If the original color was Brown that narrows it down to a 82 or 83 model.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Nice bike thanks for the picture

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all again.

I wrote down the win number on the steering stem.
It looks like it has a letter in it I don´t know what is it´s a box with a X inside it.
So the win is like this:

HMXSC020-4300225X

where I put the X thats where the strange letter is.
But I´m almost sure from looking at some photos it´s a 1982 bike with a 1986 engine.
If the color light brown was just 1982 and 1983 then it´s 1982 because the rims on a 1983 is not the same as mine are.

Best to all

Gunnar

·
Registered
739 Posts
The vin is a 17 digit number and you only have 16. The 10th digit is the year. b=81 c=82 d=83 and so on. Check your registration papers and let us know. If you have plates then the reg. has the vin.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Hi all again.

I wrote down the win number on the steering stem.
It looks like it has a letter in it I don´t know what is it´s a box with a X inside it.
So the win is like this:

HMXSC020-4300225X

where I put the X thats where the strange letter is.
But I´m almost sure from looking at some photos it´s a 1982 bike with a 1986 engine.
If the color light brown was just 1982 and 1983 then it´s 1982 because the rims on a 1983 is not the same as mine are.

Best to all

Gunnar
I do believe that the "C" in your vin number is the year which would make it an 82.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The registration here in Iceland is very strange for this bike, the win number in the papers just say 4300225 so the registration is full of s***t.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Like I said in my previous post it has a engine from a 1986 1200 bike so it´s not possible to compare engine win.
I think it has the trim for Interstate, doesn´t the Aspergate have digital speedo and tach?
Mine doesn´t so I think it´s an Interstate.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
only aspencades had two tone paint jobs

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
That makes it an '82 as it still has the Comstar wheels. If the VIN sticker is gone, one of the frame members will have it engraved in it; either the left downtube or the left (removable) piece for removing the engine I think. Oops, just checked, it's not there either. There is a frame serial number stamped on the right side of the steering head and the engine serial # is stamped on the top right side of the engine case just behind/left of the carb assembly. If the VIN sticker is gone it's gone. Post your VIN and the 10th character will give us the original model year.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.