Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I posted this last night but must have fell asleep before I hit the enter button......lol.

So I was thinking, It would be great to have a "Meet and Greet" thread. Everyone can introduce them self's and post pictures of them self, their Bike, their families or Better Half, ect.

I know I have plastered pic's and vid's of me all over already....lol. I think it's kinda neat to put faces with the post and kinda get to know your fellow forum members.

Any way you moderators could get together, talk about it and see if we could get a thread going and sticky it up top?

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Well sooner or later we are all going to meet each other somewhere on this continent. It may be vast but there are a limited number of traversable roads. We can either meet as strangers or strangely familiars. I, for one, have no scruples exhibiting my alloted portion of this universe. A " Meet and Greet/ Autobiography " forum would be a nice way to consolidate what some of us have already randomly interjected from time to time. Let's Git R done.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well sooner or later we are all going to meet each other somewhere on this continent. It may be vast but there are a limited number of traversable roads. We can either meet as strangers or strangely familiars. I, for one, have no scruples exhibiting my alloted portion of this universe. A " Meet and Greet/ Autobiography " forum would be a nice way to consolidate what some of us have already randomly interjected from time to time. Let's Git R done.
You Boy's from Virginia sure do talk funny!
By the way Chop, I talked to Mike and we are going to meet up when he comes thru Houston. Just so happens he is going to see some guys that I have been meaning to go meet up with for a while now. Be a good way to kill three birds with one stone! I might even plan a weekend and ride with him out west when he leaves and show him a little of the Hill Country.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
You Boy's from Virginia sure do talk funny!
By the way Chop, I talked to Mike and we are going to meet up when he comes thru Houston. Just so happens he is going to see some guys that I have been meaning to go meet up with for a while now. Be a good way to kill three birds with one stone! I might even plan a weekend and ride with him out west when he leaves and show him a little of the Hill Country.
Sweet! I suggest that you lead, otherwise you will have to follow at his pace. Trust me on this.

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Sweet! I suggest that you lead, otherwise you will have to follow at his pace. Trust me on this.
I'll be with you guys in a minute after I pull the knife out of Rapier's back. I can only imagine what you say about me Maestro. I happen to know you actually like Mike.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Rapier is go,go, go,. I suggest you don't drink too much liquids while on the ride. Rapier does not have a cup holder.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This sounds like it could get interesting......lol.

I have popcorn ready, where is Mike?

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Rapier is go,go, go,. I suggest you don't drink too much liquids while on the ride. Rapier does not have a cup holder.
Sounds like I could ride with him any day. Who needs a cup holder anyway, much less two?

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Our past Sunday ride was lead by Mike. . Everyone was drinking a morning beverage before we departed. We took the business route instead of the straight shot down 95 out of respect for our cruiser riders. About 50 miles later my morning tea is beginning to settle to it's lowest point. We hit a lighted intersection on our by-way route and there.... there! ......right across the intersection is a Horne's Restaurant. It looked like Salvation to me. Before the light changes, Mike yells over to me , " We'll stop in about fifteen or twenty minutes up the road ! ". I nodded in compliance and squeezed my knees tighter against the tank fairing as we passed the Horne's Diner............

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
I nodded in compliance and squeezed my knees tighter against the tank firing as we passed the Horner's.
Hope you made it......

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Hope you made it......
.... We stopped at a little Mom N' Pop station on the by- way and I'll be darned...... The facility was a cinder-block His' and Hers' outhouse. Of course we needed to obtain the key from the cashier. Once inside the facility ( it had indoor plumbing and a sink ) the aroma was less than aromatic, but the room was well heated. It was all of 85* or hotter in there. The boys were lined up at the door so it was not a good time to bask in the warmth.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
thanks for sharing that Chop:rolleyes: I think. I like the idea, but feel for those of you that will end up seeing my ugly mug if this gets going. BTW, it really won't take the mod team to start it, just start the thread and post some pics as per any other thread. If it needs to be stickied, we can do that at any time.
For anyone interested, I'll be in Vegas on Wednesday and Thursday for some business meetings should anyone in the neighborhood care to shoot the breeze for a wee bit. If the meetings suck big time, I may just play hookey and rent a scoot and take a ride out to Lake Mead (I think I might have said that already, but my c.r.a.f.t. disease is working real well today):D

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
thanks for sharing that Chop:rolleyes: I think. I like the idea, but feel for those of you that will end up seeing my ugly mug if this gets going. BTW, it really won't take the mod team to start it, just start the thread and post some pics as per any other thread. If it needs to be stickied, we can do that at any time.
For anyone interested, I'll be in Vegas on Wednesday and Thursday for some business meetings should anyone in the neighborhood care to shoot the breeze for a wee bit. If the meetings suck big time, I may just play hookey and rent a scoot and take a ride out to Lake Mead (I think I might have said that already, but my c.r.a.f.t. disease is working real well today):D
Take the ride to Hoover Dam ! I think the new bridge is open. I just might get a wondering bug in my trousers and ride up there to see the bridge.

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Take the ride to Hoover Dam ! I think the new bridge is open. I just might get a wondering bug in my trousers and ride up there to see the bridge.
Good tip by the Maestro for you Budoka. The bridge is a cool thing, wasn't open when we were there but it was completed. If you have time & have never been there take the deluxe tour of Hoover Dam. It's Awesome.

Have fun in Vegas.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts