Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. we all have some pictures of our YOUNGER DAYS, lets post them with a little information about it.
This was my first bike it's a 69 CB350 Honda that was stock when I got it and I did a little modification to it

This is my first BIG bike, I got it in 1973, it's a 72 Honda CB 750 that I did a little changing to

·
Registered
132 Posts
Joe, this should be a lot of fun, I am looking forward to some "vintage" pics.

My first BIG bike, "2nd bike" was BSA 650 Hornet, (gas tank sitting on the cooker). #1 bike Honda 90 in the background.

#3 bike was a Bultaco 175 Mercurio, (note the chrome expansion chamber). (I raced #39, my then girlfriend's, current wife's chest measurement... sorry ladies)... come to think of it, we have been married 39 years....huh

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Grandy - I know what your lucky number is, lost all my old pics in a melt down (long story)
#3 bike was a Bultaco 175 Mercurio, (note the chrome expansion chamber). (I raced #39, my then girlfriend's, current wife's chest measurement... sorry ladies)... come to think of it, we have been married 39 years....huh

·
Registered
30 Posts
CB 360's

My wife and I got our first bikes in 1974 when we lived in Michigan.

Here is a photo of my wife's CB 360T just after she finished repainting it pink. She got tired of folks looking surprised that a female was riding a bike so she decided to make sure they noticed up front.

We took a trip on these bikes in 1974 and traveled completely around the great lakes south through OH, PA and NY, then north through Canada, around lake Ontario, lake Erie, lake Huron and then lake Superior crossing over into MN, WS and back to Michigan. The photo of the two Hondas was taken just outside of Thunder Bay, Ontario.

This was a fun trip but looking back we must have been a little on the crazy side.

Rickrae

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
None of these pictures include me since I have no idea where I might find them (lucky for all of you hehe) but here's my start in the bike world. My new (in '71) Suzuki TC90; my commuter bike, CB400t Hawk; my first CB750, a '75 that I later put a Pacifica fairing on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Good post, My scanner isn't working....I have pictures of my old bikes, unfortunately they are old pics that have to be scanned...I'll get them on here someday somehow........

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
I wish that I had some old pictures of my BSA from college. We lived on the Mississippi Gulf Coast until two years ago and none of my old pictures exist any longer. The only ones I have that are older than August, 2005 are what I had digitally on my office computer. Here is my third bike a 2003 Yamaha V-Star in front of our home in Bay St. Louis, MS. I had recently left my state forester position to take a job with the US Fish & Wildlife Service. The better federal pay scale helped me be able to finally buy a new bike after many years of getting buy just enough to support the family. When we evacuated for Hurricane Katrina I had left this bike at a friend’s house there as his place was 22 feet above sea level. Unfortunately the water got to 25 feet so it didn’t fair so well with the salt water dunking. Yeah, I should have riden the bike out of there but then my 15 year old son would have had to drive the pickup and all I could think about was the trauma it would cause him running me over while I was leading him to my friends house up off the coast.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Crownfire, Sorry to hear of the loss of your bike, but they make them everyday.......Looking at your signiture you've recovered pretty well..Be safe, ride hard.........:cool:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I went directly to trikes and then worked my way up to 2 wheels. This was my first trike, i think it was a Cyclops 10cc :D

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
I went directly to trikes and then worked my way up to 2 wheels. This was my first trike, i think it was a Cyclops 10cc :D
Good shot, Down Under.

My 67 450, sold it to have #1 son, times a bit little tight then..

My little 90, I found this pic going through my Dad's file after he died. I forgot all about it. I still love giving bike rides to the ladies.

2008 Shadow with #2 Grandson....he is a corker..

Yep, I am a Honda man

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts