·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
Nice looking Wing. Congrats..

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oklahoma yes not sure if its a tulsa shield or not. Sticker in lower center says show chrome???

A tulsa shield is on the list, one with a vent in it if possible. My uncle had a tulsa shield on his 88 GL1500 but i don't remember if it had a vent or not.

Pic's are of how i picked up the bike friday afternoon, still needs some clean up and a few lil bugs removed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Purty bike!

We're planning a Rt 66 trip soon so see ya on the road!

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
roy i live 4 miles off of rt 66. give me a heads up and we can meet for dinner.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Congrats on your your new ride always liked black on a bike, enjoy.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry Ram not black. I don't know what color to call it. Sometimes its blue, others its green, then gray, and then black. It changes color in different light.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
congrats on the new wing john, looks good. looks like the po put some daytona mufflers on it too

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Couldn't tell you for sure dr. I've rode it what I could and tried to check it over but have yet to make a list of all the mods. The muffles don't sound stock though, a lil more throaty sounding.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Have to agree with detdr on the pipes, sure look like Torquemasters to me. Great find of a bike btw:D

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
That is a very pretty bike. Looks like it has been well cared for.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Nice pics, you must just love it. At least when you buy a GW you don't have to look at anything else on the road & think " I'd like one of those one day" There's no beter.

Mind you an electric screen & a sixth gear would be nice ;):rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
As near as I can tell the bike is Commodore Blue. Very nice looking, congratulations.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is a very pretty bike. Looks like it has been well cared for.
Crown while its not in to bad of shape its far from perfect. I keep finding lil thing that don't work or don't work right and that drives me nuts.

I gotta get a service manual on this thing so i can be better prepaired when i go hunting down a problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts