Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I've been posting on here with some problem issues with my bike recently, but have since forgotten to post pictures of it restored. Its an 86, I bought it with unknown problems but running (barely). Turned out it had a bad cylinder head due to a broken or incorrectly installed timing belt. I installed a new head and about $700 in misc. parts, upholstery, cleaners, paint, and 3 large complete containers of Mothers polish and now the bike is as undistressed as it ever was. I bought this bike for $500 locally here in PA from a guy that was just fed up with trying to fix it and wanted the cash he had in it in parts just to have it out of his sight. The one picture is before, all the others are after (note the compression tester in the before picture on the floor, that was the day I bought the bike). I did all the work in my shop in my home, including paint. I have owned many bikes and presently also have a Vrod and a Triumph Daytona, but this is a totally new type of bike to me, my wife may even ride on it its so comfy and unintimidating, well except for its size of course. Thanks for all the help with the tech end of this project. The last thing I have to do is the right handlebar controls, they are a little faded yet and I have to freshen them up.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
It's a very nice Classic Wing and a pretty blue I might add.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
What a great job you have done with this bike. Now is the time to get out there so others can get a kick out of seeing such a great bike. Eric

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Awesome job, looks really nice

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Looks like it did when it came off the showroom floor. Great job, now go ride..

·
Registered
223 Posts
fantastic job

what year daytona.....? i had a 955....most fun I ever had on a bike well except for the Speed triple 955

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Wow,

Nice job. Now git out there and show it off.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Nice job on the old girl, guy. Errrh Amanda.

I think I just confused myself.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
My Daytona is an 06 675, I have also owned the Triumph Sprint 955, the 955 is a great motor, loads of torque. But I have to say this 675 is without a doubt the best handling sportbike I have ever owned, they say that for 2010-11 they actually made it even better, but I seriously cant see how. The best way to make it better I feel would be to make it in a more liter sized bike.

I have posted pictures of my other bikes, what else do you guys ride?

I do most of my riding here in PA, I love the coal regions south of Hazelton, lots of twisties and scenary. I cant wait to get the Goldwing out on the highway, if it ever stops friggin raining in my neck of the woods. The only bike I've ridden this year yet is my new/old Goldwing.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
the blue paint looks good, was it repainted

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Awesome job on the bike. Um, if you ever decide you need to come up to Canada, my garage could use some restoration/organization like yours has:D

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
That's not hard to do!!!
I knew I could count on one of my friends to let me know where I stand.

I do most of my riding here in PA, I love the coal regions south of Hazelton, lots of twisties and scenary.
Well if you ever see a Light Blue Nighthawk on your travels be sure to wave.

Frackville

·
Registered
232 Posts
Very impressive!

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Nice Job!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts