Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Destination: Douglasville, Ga to The Land Between the Lakes Natl. Rec. Area: half in TN & half in Ky near Paducah, KY, Aug. 17-20, 2012. Approximately 900 scenic back road miles.

1) Walk-about at Winery in Crossville TN.
2) Walk-about Standing Stone State Park, above Cookeville, TN.
3) Bikes above the damn.
3) Wing Crossing the damn.
4) Came across a motorcycle museum in Red Boiling Spgs, TN.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pics (continued)

1) Land Between the Lakes NRA entrance
2) Finally in KY
3) Visit to artful flood wall along the Ohio River in downtown Paducah
4) The wife in the doorway
5) George on the banks of the Ohio

Attachments

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics (continued)

1) A visit to Jack Daniel's Distillery, Lynchburg, TN
2) A pose with Jack by our friends, Amalia & Mahlon.
3) Lots of motorcycle visitors; beautiful area to ride in.

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Excellent pictures & a nice ride I'm sure. Jack Daniel's is one of those must do tours & really liked the picture of your wife in the doorway of artwork.:cool:

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Thanks for the pics and the ride report George.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Dadblame George.....every time I turn around your beatn the same roads I have ridden. I betcha we've crossed paths at some point. Nice pics buddy.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Efinref, I've ridden the same roads over and over myself always looking for a new road. Matter of fact, coming home from Fl a couple of weeks ago, we rode GA 39 north from Bainbridge, GA, to Columbus, which you recommended a while back and found it to be ideal for a back roads route to/from FL from my area. Also, several years ago, I drew a 100 mile circle around Douglasville for day rides, which expanded to 200 miles just to ride "new" roads. Your're right. We've probably crossed paths many times, since we like the NE area of AL and do that often.

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
Thanks for taking us along. Looks like you got the picture thing down pat now.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
:cool:
Thanks for taking us along! Excellent photography, too.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Thank you for the ride report and photos. I could give you a couple of great ride's.......................... Down Under. I will be a bit further that 200 miles from Douglasville.:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Very nice, would love to be there. Interesting that the JD distilllery is in a dry county.:confused:

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would love to see Australia; your rides and photos give me a good view of what I've missed. My wife worked for Eastern Air Lines for 20 years before they went bankrupt and we got to see a lot of the world but not in your area. I'll now have to be content with seeing N. A. on two wheels.

Also, when we were at the distillery, the guide told us that the TN legislature recently passed a bill that now allows packaged JD to be sold in one area of the visitor's center but cannot be consumed there. Guess they caught a lot of flack about such a big revenue producing industry being unable to sell their product on site. Might as well say the county is still dry. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Thankyou George for your responce. We both have great motorcycle riding countries. I am going to be riding the USA while I have the opportunity and the Great Outback Adventures will have to wait.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Appreciate all of your responses. As for the pictures, I'll now have to ride more so I won't forget how to post them. Thanks again to everyone who helped me with the pics posting problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts