Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
traded in the stratoliner for the wing, now my back should get relief. did the 09 audio comfort/titanium. I ordered the kuryakyn bar risers also. don't know all the positions, but 2'' rise and some forward and lateral position is what they say. well that's all for now. can you buy the fullface helmet, with intercom installed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats on your Goldwing! We just got ours last Saturday and we love the power and comfort. There are a few mods I want to incorporate to further refine it, though. Like you, I am in need of raising the handlebars. I don't want them any closer, but need them higher, and don't want them any narrower. In fact, a bit wider would be better. I've read that the Kuryakyns have several settings. Another brand that offer more of what I'm looking for are the REG risers...

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=5874&str=4

If you go with the Kuryakyn's let me know how you like them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bar riser

will let you know. if not satisfied i will adopt your style. three inches forward would ideal for this long armed, 6'6'' frame.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stratoliner

Truck41, I have a Strat and have only put 4200 miles on it. I'm not having the back issues but still not a long distance comfortable bike. I've already added the Ultimate seat, risers and some other stuff. How do you like the wing over the Strat? I know everyone has there own reasons but I am very much considering a wing. How bad did the dealer rape you on a trade-in? (If you don't mind answering) I haven't went yet to a dealer but am trying to get prepared. Everyone tells me that I need to sell it out right but who knows how long that would take? Congrats on your new wing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Truck41, I have a Strat and have only put 4200 miles on it. I'm not having the back issues but still not a long distance comfortable bike. I've already added the Ultimate seat, risers and some other stuff. How do you like the wing over the Strat? I know everyone has there own reasons but I am very much considering a wing. How bad did the dealer rape you on a trade-in? (If you don't mind answering) I haven't went yet to a dealer but am trying to get prepared. Everyone tells me that I need to sell it out right but who knows how long that would take? Congrats on your new wing.
Rottman, I'm new to Goldwing Owners Forum so you may already know about Honda of Sumter. They are one of the top ten high volumn Goldwing dealers in the USA. Check out their website at: www.hondaofsumter.com. I've seen some 08's & 09's on there for 18 to 20K and when I got my new 08 Navi in July of 07 he told to purchase and ride back home. I didn't trade anything in as I had already sold my Valykrie. Chuck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
goldwing

I will never buy anything but a wing. this is my third one. my strat was great and most powerful. the seating position on the strat put all the weight on my rear honches, that irratated my back, not good for long distance. I can ride my wing over 200 miles before stopping. the wing is all bikes in one (power, handling, comfort). the stock seat on the 2009 wing (gel and heated) is the best honda has ever installed. at 70 and 80 mph the radio is freaking great. I took my hit on the strat and traded it in, couldn't sell it. one ride will win you over. got my 2009 for $17,600 ( premium sound/comfort package)take care.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats!!

Hey congrats on your new wing. I agree, there's nothing better on the road than the wing. I love mine although i have an M109 to ride as well. The wing gets most of the love. It's got all the comforts for any kind of ride both local as well as long distance..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts