Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Goldwingers...
Tomorrow I pick up my new to me 06 Titanium Wing.... I'm excited. I've added a bunch of accessories so in a way it will really be new. I've added fog lights, bag lights rear armrests and we got new headsets for our helmets.... I'll post pictures after I pick it up.
Who can tell me about the Garmin Nav package and where I can find a manual for the built in Garmin GPS, to figure out what bells and whistles the GPS has? Also, are the shop manuals for an 06 wing available on line? On a separate post I'll tell about our planed break in ride across the South...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Enjoy your new to you Wing. Great choice of color. My 02 new to me is the same color. This is a great site! Be safe & have a very Happy New Year

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy.

I'm sure one of our 1800 guys will chime in about the GPS & manuals.

Have fun & ride safe.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congrats! I've got the same year and color. I love it! It's sitting in the garage right now because I live where I live, though.

·
Premium Member
23,763 Posts
A GPS manual. Where to find..... hmmmmmm. I have one sitting on my work station here but I've only cracked it open a few times. First thing you might want to do is disconnect the ground side of the battery for a moment to clear the previous owners data. Some of it is intuitive as with most GPS'. If you want to set your " Home Location " I posted the " how to " for a fellow rider on this thread :http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9369

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I can tell by your excitement that you are going to enjoy your ride. Can't wait to hear about your break-in ride.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
You have just dought the same bike I picked up last year, the GPS is great and like Chopin said its nothing to figure out. Do you have the ABS it has saved my butt two xs now and I love the extra backup it gives. be safe and love it and with the heat I am still on the road untill they through salt around here in the Phily area.

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Congrats onthe new 2 u scoot WDN. You can get the navi manual at any Honda m/c dealer but they'd likely have to order it and the cost may seem prohibitive. I'll do some digging and see if I can find a part # and price (CDN). Operationally it's the almost exactly same as any Honda/Acura auto so functions could be learned from one of those if you have a friend with a Honda car.

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
congrats on getting the new wing wdnwing

·
Premium Member
11,020 Posts
Congratulations on your new to you wing. Now we will all be waiting for your ride report. Make sure that you show me what you saw though your photos. Eric

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Follow up on break in Ride of new Wing

Hey Goldwingers...
My new to me Wing broke in great today...... check out my ride report under the thread "Touring the South on my new Wing":
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=79338&posted=1#post79338
The GPS worked great. Turns out the GPS manual as well as the bike manual were tucked in the side saddle bag..... but I seemed to do just fine without it....

I posted a couple of pics of the Wing as we pulled into Robbinsville after dark w/ the new lights shining..... (new side saddle bag lights are still to come). Check out the pics and the Ride report per the link above...... Thanks for all the feedback

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Congratulations on your new to you Wing. Great looking bike.

·
Super Moderator
9,870 Posts
Congrats on your new 2u Wing. Don't have the NAV unit on my base model, just a Garmin Nuvi addon. Ride safe and enjoy your new ride...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts