Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my name is Rob and I live in Houston Texas, after finally being let go from my parents wing, I got the opportunity to finally get a motorcycle. I got my license and bought a suzuki savage ls650 on craigslist for $500. Fixed it up a bit and off I went. Learned to ride and I wanted something more. Been looking online for an R1 or gsx600. Im 25 so I wanted to look good while riding. Went for a test ride and hated it. I mean, I left the parking lot and if it wasnt a one way road, i would have turned right around. My back hurt cause im 6'2'' and bending over was terrible, noone saw me, my powerwheels when i was 3 had a louder horn, nothing was the way i wanted it. Luckily a few days ago, I saw one of my billiards buddys pull up in his goldwing just looking comfortable and relaxed as ever. We got to talking and turnes out he has a 84 Goldwing Apencade 1500 his wife drives that she no longer wants. We went for a spin and that was it. Simply amazing feeling, the bike runs fine, radio doesnt work but i can figure that out later. Just the feeling was supurb and all i want to do is ride now. lolol. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. He doesnt have the owners manual so there were alot of buttons that I had no idea whether to press or not so I will be coming back with alot of questions. I guess my first i can ask is if there is a online copy of the manaul somewhere that I can download????? Take care, happy riding.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Welcome to the world of Winging it Rob.
Join the :D crowd.
Post a picture when you can.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Welcome from KC!

Likely a typo, but you mention an 84 aspy 1500, the 84 was a 1200 and the 15's started in 88. Just want you to be aware of what you may or may not be getting. :eek:

Happiness is riding a wing, no matter what the year!:D

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Welcome Qball from NW Oklahoma

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Hello qball, welcome to the forum. If you want an owners manual, I have one I can send you.

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF q & as you already see there are good people here & help if you require. Enjoy as has been stated already, post some pictures when you can.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rob. Congrats on the Wing.

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
hello rob, welcome to GWOF and congrats. if its an '84 its a 1200 wing

·
Registered
473 Posts
The 84 1200 has a special place here, my first "real" wing, all dressed up, the one my SO started riding with me. The only wing I've shown and I won best in class and the only one I've ever seen in the Pearl Siren Blue, a beautiful color, so dark a blue it looked black until it shown in the sunlight. Traded it on my first 15, a 96....man I miss that bike!

Hope your new to you wing gives you special memories as well.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Cogratulations on your new to you wing and welcome to GWOF from Down Under. I still have my 84 1200 wing.:cool:

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF and congratulations on your Classic Goldwing!

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting a Classic Wing.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF site. I'd recommend a service manual too, lots of good info in them. 1200s aren't that tough to work on when you have the book.

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
Congrats on your new 2u Wing. Ride safe..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.