Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a recent post with a link to a youtube video.
Allthough this video shows a Goldwing being pickup up; it does not show correct technique or how to pickup if dropped from the other side (non kickstand side). There are many Youtube videos, just search dropped Goldwing or picking up dropped etc. Here is a link showing one technique for any motorcycle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPjYweKeiLk
After viewing these videos I had a couple of friends help me lay down my '95 Aspy in the driveway of a service station and watch ( read help me just in case) as I pickup it up. I'm 5'6'' 150#. Note this will be much more difficult if the bike is on a slope or you do not have firm footing.
New Goldwing owner just bought it last month, poor '03 Shadow hasn't seen much action since. So far I've dropped my Aspy 4 times. I have a graveled cul-de-sak driveway big challange.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome Carl, and from what i understand you pick a dropped bike up the same way from both sides. The technique is the same, just be careful when you approach the top of the lift and turn around slowly to lower the kick stand. rick

·
Registered
15 Posts
sorry the site will not pick so try the steve saunders website fot the goldwing and it is on there if you search :eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome from another jr. member, Carl. +1 on studying the technique BEFORE you lay it down. Dropped my '89 in the garage first time, taking it off the center stand (note: where did I miss the instructions to SIT on the bike when taking it off the stand?). Slow motion drop, but a drop nonetheless.
But the technique bears some practice. At first I misunderstood and tried to get my behind UNDER the seat instead of on top of it. You can hurt yourself doing it wrong. -s

·
Registered
15 Posts
With a 'wing, try to make sure it's in gear, so it doesn't try to roll away on you. You get to start higher than in the video, with the bike resting on its engine/saddlebag guards. I get to practice twice a year or so. Works every time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts