Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife & I drove down to Southern Powersports this past Friday to pick up my new 'wing; an '08 level 3.

I had been talking to Jeff down there earlier in the week so it was all ready to go with even the paperwork mostly done. In and out in about 45 minutes. Jeff tried to bump the sale with accessories but no hard sell. Nice guy.

The ride back Saturday was perfect. A little shower in the morning on Rt. 75 but not even worth stopping to don the rain suit. Thirty minutes after it started, I was back in the sun.

We stopped for the day in Roanoke right off Rt. 81 about 6:30 and left Sunday morning around 8. Another beautiful day though a little cooler.

Worst part of the drive was that section of Rt. 66 east from Dulles airport to the Capitol Beltway, and then the beltway to Rt. 50. No matter what time of day it's a handful.

The 'wing ran fine as most do with no issues.

Anyway made it home safe and sound with time left to cut the grass and do the laundry! Followed by a beer and a cigar...

Respectfully,

Jim

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Good for you Jim & congrats on the new ride. You & the missus will have a blast. Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Might have waved to you on 66 Sunday. I live off the Rt28 north to Dulles exit. What color wing are you sporting?

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Hi Jung, Sounds like fun. Life holds very few days of that intensity. Live it !

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing from the Keystone state. What color did you get... You are going to have a lot more trips like that to enjoy your new toy. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might have waved to you on 66 Sunday. I live off the Rt28 north to Dulles exit. What color wing are you sporting?
Red metallic. I was originally looking for the dark red, but glad I got the lighter color.

I estimate I was on that section of 66 around 12-1230.

Respectfully,

Jim

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
congrats on the new wing jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts