Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this trailer on Friday:

It's old, doesn't have independent suspension, needs some work, but I got cheap so I figure it'll be a good entry into trailering. It does have a swivel hitch, decent tires, a spare and the shell is fibreglass. Now, 4 or 5 more months to wait till I can try it :(. The previous owner was using it to haul his mountain bikes - that's the hardware on top. I'll be removing that.

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
i don't think i've seen any trailer with independent suspension

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
9,992 Posts
I believe Bushtec has air adjustable suspension. You can check it out on their website..

·
Registered
718 Posts
Well you have plenty of time to go through that trailer. Pulling, checking and repacking bearings would be high on my list, along with lights.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well you have plenty of time to go through that trailer. Pulling, checking and repacking bearings would be high on my list, along with lights.
Oh yes, for sure. He had switched the lights to LED, but one of the lenses is cracked and I want to check out the options. The inside is bare, so I need to do some carpeting etc in there as well.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Looks like a fun project. I reworked an older trailer a couple years ago and a fun time.
And now the Lady can take her stuff along:D

·
Registered
835 Posts
Mobile Dog House -

Hey Edm, Looks like you have yourself a great trailer. I've rocked back and forth for years on whether to pull one or not. They would be especially nice for the added room to carry all your necessities when riding two up.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen was when I had stopped at an overlook on the eastern side of the Grand Canyon. A Goldwing pulled up with a trailer and out hopped two small dogs wearing bow ties. The owner had opened the top just long enough for each dog to mark their territory and then both dogs jumped back into their beds. The trailer lid was latched back down and they were on their way. The whole thing took less than 10 minutes. The owner said the dogs start barking out the front vent when it's time to stop.....

Good Luck with your trailer, Michael :)

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like a fun project. I reworked an older trailer a couple years ago and a fun time.
And now the Lady can take her stuff along:D
Exactly! In fairness though, I always end up packing too much stuff as well.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One of the funniest things I've ever seen was when I had stopped at an overlook on the eastern side of the Grand Canyon. A Goldwing pulled up with a trailer and out hopped two small dogs wearing bow ties. The owner had opened the top just long enough for each dog to mark their territory and then both dogs jumped back into their beds. The trailer lid was latched back down and they were on their way. The whole thing took less than 10 minutes. The owner said the dogs start barking out the front vent when it's time to stop.....
LOL, that would be funny. I don't think my lab would appreciate it much though, LOL.

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
Looks like a good project.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with lots of stuff in my garage. ;)

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
Looking good Kerry! If you're like me though, sometimes winter's not long enought to get the jobs done ( I can't believe I want longer winters!).
My Tiny Mite had independant suspension, swivel hitch and radial tires;)
'tank (you're both "Kerry" so to avoid confusion...), a garage ain't a garage until you can walk across it and never touch your feet on the actual floor!:eek:

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
'tank (you're both "Kerry" so to avoid confusion...), a garage ain't a garage until you can walk across it and never touch your feet on the actual floor!:eek:
I've definitely got a real garage!! :eek::eek:

:D

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking good Kerry! If you're like me though, sometimes winter's not long enought to get the jobs done ( I can't believe I want longer winters!).
My Tiny Mite had independant suspension, swivel hitch and radial tires;)

Uh oh, I'd better buy some more stuff then. I still have a path!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts