Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys here is a quick shot of the gl1100 I picked up for 2k

Its owner was a rich collector that kept it pristine. .. not a scratch on it anywhere, to be honest I have never seen such a well kept bike

timing belts, gaskets gromits, oil. filter anti freeze etc came to 200.00 will do the work tomorrow and post pics.

Gerard

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Wow, great looking machine. Looks like it has never been on the road. How many miles on the clock??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
75k / KM Canada...
it has had 1 owner, he has done all the right things here, its really a testament to how a bike can be maintained in function AND appearence.

I had a great chat with a 68 year old Honda expert that used to BUILD these engines... he informed me it was not initially intended for motorcycles, and the origin was that the motor was initially desigend for Marine use ! and meant to run 24 hours a day for extended periods etc...

very interesting

Gerard

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
From what I've seen and heard on this forum and others, Honda engines run a long time with very few problems. 200k on a Honda engine is not uncommon. So your findings do not surprise me. Enjoy your new scoot and ride safe...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Very nice Gerard. Looks to me like you found a gem of a bike.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
What a beauty!! Well kept! Makes my ride look trashy!! Ohh well Im scooter trash anyway ! So be it!!

·
Premium Member
10,999 Posts
I love old bikes and you have a good one. Get out there and you will find many people will get a kick out of seeing it on the road. I know that I do. Two weeks ago I was in the city and I had some-one waiting for me to return to my 1985 vf700 because he was impressed on it condition. It is a well used bike but I do my best to keep it in good codition. I use it as a everyday ride and last year clocked up 18000 miles. Best of luck with it. Eric

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Very nice from the picture it looks like it just came out of a crate that has been lost in time and recently discovered.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just insured it, the collector plates are in the mail... It stopped raining last night so I took it out to the local starbucks where all the part time bikers hang...lol

I usually ride custom a chopper, so I am used to getting attention, but holy crap, people flocked around the Gl1100 like flies.... unreal.
One guy actually asked me if this is a 2010 replica ? huh ? I guess its so new and shiny..lol

Taking to my buddies shop today to do all the work, timing belt oil,rad, etc..... I am so Tempted to ride it to LA in march for work !

thanks so much for all the kind words,

Gerard
www.GerardTheHypnotist.com

·
Registered
81 Posts
All I can say is W O W - you hit the jackpot my friend. It was your lucky day. Hope you have many more.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can you post anymore pictures of your bike. I love older bikes. I ride a 91 1500. When I tell people how old my bike is they can't believe it. I try to keep it clean and shiny.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts