1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Goldwing F6B 45th Ed
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
2015 F6B ...
I have a GPS wired mount of left side of my bike - hooked up to single ball mount.
I want to hook up a phone, in case if I need live traffic updates.. .so what are my options??

right side brake ball mount?
Switch left side 1 ball to 2 ball mount and hook up both wires to power?
Clip on phone holders... do they stay on the bike near the wind shield area?
OR
if anyone has done any other modifications to hook up phones?

Thanks for your time..

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
you can let your imagination run with it, what ever you are someone you know has the ability to build is the only limitations.
For a while I had one mounted down on the what would be tank area with some heavy duty velcro, the soft part on the device and the hook part on the bike

or look on Wingstuff or Dennis Kirk for what they have available.

I have seen a bike that had some sort of bar that went from left handle bar to the right one..... and everything mounted on it....... not sure about that one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

something like this around windshield area... will this stay??

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Ram mount W/ mob armor phone holder. I have a dual USB socket in tge left pocket to run my gopro on the left handlebar and if needed i can chatge my ohone as well. Works pretty slick!

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Premium Audio
14 Posts
View attachment 274730

something like this around windshield area... will this stay??
This does not work. I tried it. The RAM mount with the 8 claws works great! It’s called Quick-Grip Ram-hol-pd3-238au . I got mine from OC Mounts.

Reactions: igurv

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all,

I too am investigating phone mounting options and such. I rode my (new to me) 2016 Gl1800 from El Paso, TX to NJ approx. 6 weeks ago. First thing I did before I left El Paso was mount a Ram mount immed. in front of Clutch reservoir. Also wired a dual USB power supply into the left front “Glove Box” or whatever y’all call that hidy hole. Amazing what Amazon can ship to a hotel within a day........

2 problems
1. My as yet unpaid off iphone wiggled off and out of the mount East of Houston on I10 at 65mph. Kiss that sucker goodbye. So I will look into the Mod Armor accessory to replace the rubber bands I currently hold my new phone in place with. Rubber bands aren’t too sexy and clash with the color scheme........ LOL. Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome.
2. How does one run the USB power cable up out of the “Glove Box” thingy? The waterproof lid prevents proper closing. I was thinking about using a Dremel to make a slot/groove to allow the cable to exit with lid closed but was worried about defeating the waterproofing setup.

Love this site,

John

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I was able to close my left pocket lid. Its a tight fit but it does latch. I'm considering making a hole in the box to run the wires through.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello all,

I too am investigating phone mounting options and such. I rode my (new to me) 2016 Gl1800 from El Paso, TX to NJ approx. 6 weeks ago. First thing I did before I left El Paso was mount a Ram mount immed. in front of Clutch reservoir. Also wired a dual USB power supply into the left front “Glove Box” or whatever y’all call that hidy hole. Amazing what Amazon can ship to a hotel within a day........

2 problems
1. My as yet unpaid off iphone wiggled off and out of the mount East of Houston on I10 at 65mph. Kiss that sucker goodbye. So I will look into the Mod Armor accessory to replace the rubber bands I currently hold my new phone in place with. Rubber bands aren’t too sexy and clash with the color scheme........ LOL. Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome.
2. How does one run the USB power cable up out of the “Glove Box” thingy? The waterproof lid prevents proper closing. I was thinking about using a Dremel to make a slot/groove to allow the cable to exit with lid closed but was worried about defeating the waterproofing setup.

Love this site,

John
Do you have this?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have this?
If yes... then run a cable underneat the box and through the handle wires... into the phone placement area..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts