Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Australian Moto GP at Philip Island is on and I am going.I will leave Adelaide South Australia on Tuesday 12th of october. Leaving Adelaide by the Chain of Ponds road and cross the river Murray River at Mannum. What a way to start a trip. We will go through Karoonda to Pinnaroo. I am not sure how far we will get to on the first day because I will get back from Perth on Monday. The next day we will get to Murchison and stay over night there. It just has the best bakery and it is so nice to have breaky next to the river in the morning.What a ride we will have on Thursday. The ride from Euroa to Mansfield is a great ride. It just get better as you ride to Kings valley. Then its up through the high country to Bright and onto Omeo. Overnight at Omeo then down to Philip Island. I will post photos when I get back. Sorry for my USA buddies, you will just have to enjoy the photos. The return is just as good, I will tell you about that later.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
We US guys can live vicariously through your pics.. We have some great places here in the USA that you may never get to see, but I'm sure you would love to see the pics... Knowing someone is having a great time on two wheels is all that matters. Ride safe and have a great trip...

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two Wheel Wing you are right, it was a little bit of tongue in cheek. Australia is mostly semi desert and a small strip of interesting things on the coast. I only have to go 200 miles north and we are in the semi desert. And there is little change for the next 2000 miles. I have been to the USA twice and there so much to see without going very far in distance. My next trip to the USA will be for 5 weeks in 2012 and I will get in a few states in.There is no way that I will ever get to see the bulk of the USA. But I love the place and its people and its great seeing photo to get some idea of what it looks like.The ride to Philip Island will be a great ride that I have been looking forward to for a long time,and I will have photos for you all. Hope someone will get tempted and come over for a trip to see for themselves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts