Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder what the dealership gave him $$ for his trade in value??? on his just "broken inn" old bike..

Ronnie
1/23/23
Ronnie, I think the bike should go into a museum somewhere (Maggie Valley?), or maybe Mother Honda would like to tear it down for analysis. A legendary achievement I believe that will never be equaled. That said, it would be very interesting to know actual trade terms.

· Registered
94 Posts
When the 6th generation with aluminum cylinders came out, many wondered if they would last as long as the 5th generation engines. I think Phil will probably give us the answer.

Legends don’t need no auto shifter..

It should go into a museum. Also, I would think Honda engineers would love to tear into that engine.

So many questions for sure.

· Registered
2021 Goldwing DCT Tour, candy ardent red
461 Posts
Wow that’s friggin awesome! He’s in better shape at 80 than I’m in at 67!

· Registered
2,726 Posts
Amazing! That’s over 1,234,000km. My bike is at 140,000km. Pretty sure I won’t catch up .

I saw a list of his major maintenance/repairs on his old GL when he traded in for this one; it would be interesting to see the same this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Luv2fish

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Amazing! That’s over 1,234,000km. My bike is at 140,000km. Pretty sure I won’t catch up .

I saw a list of his major maintenance/repairs on his old GL when he traded in for this one; it would be interesting to see the same this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This screen capture was taken from an interview with Phil after having clocked 681,000 of the black + red 2015 Goldwing.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Bumper

· Registered
2,726 Posts
This screen capture was taken from an interview with Phil after having clocked 681,000 of the black + red 2015 Goldwing
What?? Only half a million miles and it already needed a new alternator and seat!! Man, what a piece of junk!! 😜 (kidding!!)

Thanks FL_RedWing. All pretty normal wear and tear by the looks of it (except maybe the diff? I dunno - is that normal?). Another outstanding testament for Honda.

· Registered
2021 DCT Tour Metallic Black
4,461 Posts
I put 6500 miles on my new bike this past year. Which means it will take me 118 years to catch Phil. Which also means I will be 187 years old. I’m thinking this may be doable? If I don’t make it at least it will be fun trying.

· Super Moderator
10,442 Posts
That's almost 96,000 miles per year. That equal to going from Miami, FL to Seattle, WA 29 times in 1 year. WOW.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I put 6500 miles on my new bike this past year. Which means it will take me 118 years to catch Phil. Which also means I will be 187 years old. I’m thinking this may be doable? If I don’t make it at least it will be fun trying.
You know what they say, "a thousand mile journey begins with a single step..." :) I am content to just enjoy the ride.

· Premium Member
4,920 Posts
I have a 2015 with 26,000 miles. He must spend 20 hours a day riding that motorcycle! If you break this down by the day (7 years X 365 days is 2555 potential riding days) thus if he rode every day that would mean he rode 300 miles every day. See that's not so bad. On the other hand my paltry 26,000 miles in 7 years comes out to 10 miles per day. I am not worthy!

Steve

1 - 20 of 21 Posts