Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I saw a thread like this several months ago but I can't find it, so let's start another.

Who's got personalized plates on their Wing and what's the wording mean?

My licence plate reads "KATDAD". I have a cat who was born completely blind so we named him Radar and hence, my username of Radarsdad.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
We had hisst an herst in MN an NV also ourgw and rtrik in NV

HisST

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Mine would have read " CLDWNG ". But Mz. Vickie was feeling real stingy after she withdrew $18,000 to buy the bike. That $30.00 for a personalized plate would have broke her. Mine is DMV generated, but you could read it backwards and get a different number sequence.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure is a nice looking ride ya got there Chope :) You can always order the plate when it's renewal time. You gave me an idea... With the desert heat, HOTWING might be a good one for Vegas. :D

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
How about "DirtBik"?

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Oops!!!!! Sorry Chopin didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Will try to act better in the future.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Oops!!!!! Sorry Chopin didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Will try to act better in the future.
Wasn't my feelings you hurt. I don't live in the desert. I live in the forest. Radar lives in the dirt... I mean..... desert.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Hi gang,
Saw this earlier today and must say there isn't a whole lot out there that works with "wing". We were at a ball game, 1 to zip for 8 1/2 innings so had some time to think. (which is part of the beauty of baseball unlike any other sport)!

I did think of those with a lot of chrome could use, "Bling" then of course that would make it "bling wing". I just couldn't get it down to 7 letters (all we have here in NC)

If someone has a good sense of humor and blonde, they could use, "HON DUH".
(PLEASE don't be offended, I will eventually pick at everyone so don't think I am selecting only an unfortunate few)

back to the wing, uh...........thing.

"HOTWING", yeah RADARSDAD got me started
"WING AND A THING" no wait that is KFC's new commercial.
"BATWING" if yours is black
"wingding" it's a font not a fault, ok!
"witewing", if you have the odd combination of being a conservative and like Elmer Fudd.
"2 piece" can I get some fries with those wings, please!
"BBQ" if yours is burgandy

My last vanity plate for my shadow was, "HOGGNOT". I made it a whole year without a size 14 boot print on it so it now has it's place in my garage.

I also have perched in my garage one from a car about 3 or 4 years back, "HAILYEAH".
in honor of 2 country songs popular at the time. It actually made it thru the system.
(I told them at the DMV, I liked bad storms. they didn't find it funny but they did process it.)

Oh yeah, I had an 02 Jeep wrangler, "mudslide" people tho't I went 4 wheeling but it is actually a really, really, reeeealllly good drink.

I am still looking for the right one for me, it usually hits you when you aren't looking for it. Until then, maybe it is better to have a plain plate so it isn't so easy for someone to repeat it to the Police. But then, those days are going with my hair and waistline.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I suggested "WEWING" to a friend and his wife who just purchased a used Wing but he hasn't bit on it yet,

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
My tag reads "SENSHI" which means fighting warrior written in the correct kanji (Japanese). I had that on my Vulcan with the Japanese murals airbrushed on it. My 1200 was 24KGOLD because of all the plating I had done.
I talked with my airbrush artist and we're making plans to do some murals on the Wing this winter. We'll start with the saddlebag sides and the front fender; going to use my avatars from this and a couple other forums.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
My tag reads "SENSHI" which means fighting warrior written in the correct kanji (Japanese). I had that on my Vulcan with the Japanese murals airbrushed on it. My 1200 was 24KGOLD because of all the plating I had done.
I talked with my airbrush artist and we're making plans to do some murals on the Wing this winter. We'll start with the saddlebag sides and the front fender; going to use my avatars from this and a couple other forums.
Considered: " SYONRA ". ?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Just ordered my personalized plates. I named the bike "Red Sonja" and was able to get it down to 6 characters (all that VA allows), so in a few weeks I'll have plates that read "RDSNJA". :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Going to order mine today... if Georgia has it available. 1st choice is R WING (Our Wing) and the 2nd choice is WING42 (Wing for two). Six characters max here in GA. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
My last two Harleys had "Hawg 05" for the 2005 and "Hawg 07" for the 2007, so I guess I'll get "Wing 10" for the new Wing as soon as I get rid of the temporary plate.....:cool:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts