Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder how you guys feel about people touching your bike without permission. I don't mind people admiring from arms length, but sitting, touching and fiddeling with knobs or controls doesn't set well with me. I don't touch yours, so don't touch mine! I guess it goes back to high school when I was expelled for pummeling a guy for messing with my
Lunch.

·
Super Moderator
7,614 Posts
I don't mind if people want to look.
I'm not thrilled when people feel they have a 'Right' to sit on it. Ask first and you'll get permission. For some reason people think it's okay to sit on a trike, I'm sure they wouldn't be happy to see me sitting behind the wheel of their truck.
That's why I put a cover over the trike, it does two things; it keeps birds from s&#tting on it and people from sitting on it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Its a big NO NO!! dont even think about it. I have met other goldwing riders and I would never touch or sit on their bike with out asking first.Just a common rule that Im sure most bike riders follow. I would be rather upset or should I say pissed off if I came out and found someone setting on my bike and playing with my settings. On one of my bikes it has a sticker on it( if you value your life as much as I do this bike keep your hands off) just my thinking. Hal

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just like any private property, if its not yours, don't touch it! A group of us were travelling this June out West when we stayed at a motel. I noticed that a family parked their van next to my friends trike, and one of their little brats (entire family acting like something from a bad TV comedy) started crawling all over the trike. By the time I got out they were gone. at least the little kid didn't take anything. I have old cars and the rule at cruise-in's and shows is don't touch. Still I see people lean all over my car from time to time. I ask them to please move away, sometimes they understand, sometimes they act like a jerk. Some people just were never taught to respect others property.

That is why I use a cover most times when parked overnight, helps to remind people to keep away, and however minimal, if out of sight, the shiny parts aren't going to tempt!

·
Premium Member
7,942 Posts
What REALLY bothers me is when they don't just touch it or sit on it, but drive away with it! Man, that's annoying.;)

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I use a cover too if it's parked overnight even if it's not going to rain but not when I'm stopping to eat at a restaurant or running in a store. I have come out and found my kill switch off or high beams turned on. So far no missing or broken parts. Perhaps I'll buy one of those bikini half covers that covers the seat and cockpit area and use one more often if I'm away from the bike for more than just a few minutes. Much easier to control the environment than people's behavior or mis-behavior as it were.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use a cover too if it's parked overnight even if it's not going to rain but not when I'm stopping to eat at a restaurant or running in a store. I have come out and found my kill switch off or high beams turned on. So far no missing or broken parts. Perhaps I'll buy one of those bikini half covers that covers the seat and cockpit area and use one more often if I'm away from the bike for more than just a few minutes. Much easier to control the environment than people's behavior or mis-behavior as it were.
Even my best friends don't touch my kill switch, that is grounds for a good old tail stomping! I just don't appreciate that kind of ignorance or to some I guess they call it fun, so if it is for fun I will laugh while I kick their tail.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've grown up around both motorcycles and hot rods and the rule has always been the same, look but don't touch. Back in May at a mall motorcycle show put on by GWRRA chapter A, both my dad and I had entered in to the show. After being their only 10 min or so I noticed a man looking at my dads 1800. Then he did the unthinkable, he began rolling the throttle! Needless to say he got an earful from me. My dad however was off looking for the restroom and when I told him of what happened he was, shall we say not pleased. Fortunately there was no damage and the bike fired up just fine but not the point. I just don't understand why anyone would think its ok to mess with other peoples property. I don't go into your home and see how your a/c works! Stay off my property and I will do the same.

Sent from my iPod touch using MO Free

·
Banned
3 Posts
I work at a bike shop (H-D) and although we encourage people to sit on the bikes, you would not believe what some of them do or will let their kids do. Every day the bikes need to be wiped down due to the little paw prints all over them. Oh well I guess that is just job security.
Ride Well
Suprdav

·
Administrator
15,388 Posts
I would have been surprised to see anyone who was okay with this. Like DanB I use a half cover when I'm travelling so keep people from sitting on it. For short stops I leave the helmet on the seat and that seems to have worked so far.

·
Super Moderator
10,044 Posts
I'm a look but don't touch guy also. If they want to give me a $20,000 deposit to sit on it then I know I'm covered for any damage. So far, no one has taken me up on the offer...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ya know,,,, it really kills me how so many people just do not have any respect for another person's property. I mean,, even if you're not into bikes, cars or what ever,, you simply don't assume that you can fiddle, fondle, touch or sit on something that you do not own and especially if the owner isn't present! I even ask permission to sit on a bike in the dealers show room and also make sure i don't leave finger prints. I guess I'm just, "old school",,,.

·
Premium Member
5,426 Posts
you tucha my bike i breaka your face

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
One really good friend of mine was leaning on my wing...Flippin and flappen over the back trunk...I finally said...Hey! I no toucha your wife you no toucha my bike. Same thing to me.
I saw a sign at a car show. Do not touch my car unless you are naked.
I will sit on bikes at my dealer but will ask at others where they dont know me...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.