Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... As you know, the ownership of the wing is new to me two weeks.
This is not my only bike, and for the last two days, been running the VTX 1300R around. Put the 1100 Shadow ACE up for sale. Didn't need three bikes.
Everywhere I have gone to, everybody ask, where is the white Goldwing ? Where is your new white one at ? How's the new Goldwing ? Why are you on that when you got the new wing?
Everyone ask, must be everyone notice the wings. Never have I witnessed such concern over a bike.
My question is, why did I not get a wing YEARS ago ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
For me the Wing was the Final Destination!!!....I had to have a starter bike to cut my teeth on.

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
Same thing Doug1500 and I have asked ourselves since our purchases!

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
hey two guns ........ where's the wing ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,002 Posts
You have asked the age old question, for which there is no answer....

"Why did I wait so long??":confused:

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Pics Two Guns, pics. Or it ain't real...;)
As to the 'age old question'...I didn't wait for long, bought my first Wing ('84 Interstate) when I was 27. However, I did run through a number of bikes before that from when I was the tender age of 14.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Didn't start ridng till I was 50, 1991. Start on a 750 Virago, then a friend put his 85 Aspencade up for sale, bought that and rode it to Wyoming wow was that a big deal. Then in August of 93 we bought Big Red, 175,500 miles of grins later and still going strong. Why did I wait so long, Had a very demanding job.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Had 2 other bikes before my wing last year , if the wing would have came first it would have been my only one

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
why did i wait sooo long? because i wasn't sure if i should be riding again

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
I never gave them much thought until I started to think about touring. I had used motorcycles for years to commute to work but never considered going long distance due to the pain a few hundred miles often causes on most bikes.

I thought I would try an older wing and see. That was 18 months ago. I love my bike.

Larry

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Picked up my first wing in 1979 it was a 77 with 29k on it. I bought it for $1300.00 and road it every on the eastcoast and sold it years later with 98k on it for $1300.00. Never had a bit of trouble and never another bike for me but a wing. All used and all great love em.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Returned to the riding realm back in 06. After a few years of 200 mile intrastate day trips on the 1300 VTX, I wanted to explore other states and regions.

·
Registered
718 Posts
After riding an old '78 GS550 60 miles a day as a commuter, the boys started to rebel. Couldn't afford a Goldwing back then. Came across a Yamaha Venture at a good price, used it as a commuter, dabbled with it as a distance tourer. Having a young son back then, a four hour ride to Niagra Falls as a weekender was long distance for us. But soon enough the old Yamaha needed some TLC. Along came a good deal on our '93 GL1500I which still serves us today. I got three southern states and the New England states to complete the East of the Old Muddy states. Brought the Venture out this past summer and got the same response; Where's the Wing?

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Two Guns,

Well, alot of us "old schoolers" were raised believing that "if it ain't hard, it ain't worth doing". Sad, but true, so I've ridden about every bike there is and owned more than a few of them over the past 40 years. Now, I want not necessarily comfort, but a better quality of machine, that's all. And, if nothing else, the Honda Goldwing (Aspencade in my case) is a fine machine. And, it's also a dang site more comfortable than what I've been used to!

Tatanka

·
Registered
186 Posts
People notice my wing all the time . Its nothing fancy compared to the new ones, lights up well. On the Hway thay give me a honk or a thumbs up ,Small kids see all the lights and think it a amusement ride or something . Everyone has know someone that had one or wants one .Its nice to have got this part of motorcycle history back from the junk heap on the road once again. When I ride its always with a smile. Iv had 2 wings and half a dozzen other bikes,Dont remember all of them but I will always remember my wings Thats how I ride.Party on dudes:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts