Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are getting ready to head out Saturday morning for a ride up to Pennsylvania. Heading north the quick way, via the Interstates, with overnight stops planned for Chattanooga, TN and Salem, VA on our way to Hershey, PA. One night in Hershey, then three nights at a B&B near Gettysburg before heading home via WV roads back south. Sure hope the weather holds to today’s forecast; lows in the 60’s and highs in the 80’s with little chance of the R word. The group trip of seven bikes and one car (my wife recovering from a recent accident conspired with another wife to drive and not cancel the trip) with eleven souls for eight days. After that I will get a couple extra days on my own to explore. I will have to stop in Chattanooga, TN to take one class and help with another for the week, before finishing the ride home. Darn I hate that I have to extend the trip like that but I just couldn’t get out of the class.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Scattered showers on Sat. then the next 4 days look good, high in the 80's. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
have a safe trip and take lots of pic's

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be just great, hope the weather man gets this one right. Sure looking forward to the ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Enjoy our beautiful state. You are going to two of the nicest areas to ride. Be safe and have a great time. OH, and spend lots of $$$ in Pa. We need the sales tax money.....LOL

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Shiny side up you two.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Crownfire: I need a favor while you are in Pa. Find a good Steak sandwich shop and have one for me. Maybe a little cheese on it and a side of cherry peppers. I'm having with drawls.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crownfire: I need a favor while you are in Pa. Find a good Steak sandwich shop and have one for me. Maybe a little cheese on it and a side of cherry peppers. I'm having with drawls.
Ron
Sounds good. I'll do my best....maybe have that with a beer.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Sounds good. I'll do my best....maybe have that with a beer.
Wash it down with a Rolling Rock Premium in the green pony bottle. Makes me want to pack up and head east.:)
Ron

·
Super Moderator
28,441 Posts
Wash it down with a Rolling Rock Premium in the green pony bottle.
Better yet a Yuengling Lager, Rolling rock isn't made in Latrobe anymore & isn't a private beer either it's owned by Anheuser Busch.

Lot's of places for a good cheeseteak though.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Better yet a Yuengling Lager, Rolling rock isn't made in Latrobe anymore & isn't a private beer either it's owned by Anheuser Busch.

Lot's of places for a good cheeseteak though.
Know a place in Hershey?

·
Super Moderator
11,790 Posts
Have a fun and safe trip!

Rolling rock isn't made in Latrobe anymore & isn't a private beer either it's owned by Anheuser Busch.

Another good beer ruined. :(

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I don't know if it's even open anymore but you might want to check out Road Side America while in the Hershey area. Years ago, along, long time ago it was the neatest model railroad lay out. Well worth stopping to see.

Yes on the Yuengling, was one of my Brothers favorites.
Now I'm getting all Home Sick for my youth.:(

Ron

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First day was a good one. While we spent most of the day cruising the interstates we had great weather and traffic was good despite being the start of the holiday weekend. We met up in Brandon, MS and drove to Lookout Mountain, TN. Here is our group (six bikes, one trike, one car) and a few pictures from the top of Lookout Mountain. Temperatures started out in the 60's and did hit 90 for a short time. Cooled off to around 80 up on the Mountain.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Keep coming north. Weather should be great. Ride safe and keep the pics coming.

·
Super Moderator
28,441 Posts
Nice shots Mark. Weather is going to be good for you guys albeit warm for us.

I have the feelers out on the Cheesteak question, I should have an answer for you today. Talk to you soon.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts