Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had stumble across some pdf files for working on my wing and i didn't book mark it ..does any one have any links .
i need to change a light bulb . how do i get in there lol
when i am in 5th gear od light not on?
tach is at 2500 to 3000 at 65 should it be lower in 5th?

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
On the 1500 if you don't have big hands you can remove the OD by reaching in behind going in through the fork tunnel.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what the blub ?? hey Ron with me just getting this bike on wed. is it wrong to want to spend every second with it ??? lol

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
what the blub ?? hey Ron with me just getting this bike on wed. is it wrong to want to spend every second with it ??? lol

Careful there, the little Lady might just set up a cot out there for you.

Low beam bulb ?? There is a high beam indicator bulb on the low left of the dash, but no low beam indicator.
If it's the low beam of the head light that out. that's a bit of a job.

The OD light as well as the others along the bottom of the dash a 12 volt 7 watt. Not sure of the part number but I got mine at NAPA.
Buy them by the box way cheaper then the single or two packs.

There is a plastic gusset thing on each side of the fork tunnel that attached to the fair by the pockets. Remove that, it makes it easier to get your hand under the lower dash. You'll be working by feel.
Or you can remove the dash, if you are going to go that route, replace all those little indicator light bulbs while you have the dash off.
Removing the dash is not hard but it is very involved and takes time, lots of time. But you said you wanted to spend a lot time with the Wing.:D:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
A couple of years ago I had a couple of bulbs on the dash out. I had the whole dash ripped apart in my garage. It was quite involved but I got it done. As Ron suggested, change them all while it's all apart.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my main concern is one of the head light blubs---- can i get to it from the front ... i need to put this bike threw inspection and all blubs need to work ... the od one will not matter for that ..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey ron i got cable and a refrigerator out there .. nah she is a biker too she has a 05 harley heritage soft tail .....

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
The 93 and 99 have slightly different trim above the head light.. On the 99 I think you have to remove the chrome panel between the windshield and the head light.
1. release the windshield adjustment latches
2. tip mirrors back and pull the rubber spacer loose in front exposing the screws that hold the chrome on. remove the screws and chrome molding.
Remove the vent under the head light. There are 4 screws holding the headlight assembly in place.
That's the way the 93 comes out.
Hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
On the 1500's there is no easy way to replace the headlight bulbs, remove the mirrors, then you have access to the bolts that hold on the front fairing garnish, once that is done you can remove the headlight assembly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts