Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have a 'Pay it Forward' program here? I was active on the VTXOA site before buying my Wing and we had a GREAT 'Pay it forward' thing going there. If you have something laying around unused, you can offer it to anyone who might need it. Pay it forward items are sent free, or on a 'just pay postage' basis.
Also it is NOT intended to be a "I need this part" forum. That is what the other 'For sale' and 'Wanted' threads are for. The Pay it Forward
threads at VTXOA were a source for many people to find something obscure, or that the dealer wants a fortune for. (Exhaust gaskets on VTX's for example are about $10 EACH. Some members had aftermarket extras to give.) Little items sometimes, like special screws, reflectors, footpegs were always in demand. The program also made and cemented some real, long-term friendships and a sense of comraderie on the site!!! For whatever reason, real or imagined, Goldwing sites and clubs are seen by others as snobbish, unfriendly???? Lets show 'em what Brotherhood is all about !!! I will have extra stock parts to give away in the near future once I start putting on accessories.
What say ye???

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Sure. Why not. For you 1800 riders I have a brand new set of " Grip Puppies " TYPE foam grip overlays. These foam grips are thicker than the Grip Puppies brand so if your " hand " enough you should enjoy the extra thick grip feel. I've had Grip Puppies and they were fine, but these extra thick ones come in real handy for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pay it Forward

CHOPIN,
6'5"...my hands are *slightly* larger than the stock grips. If they work with the heater, I'd like a shot at them, but feel awkward in asking, since I don't have anything to offer yet!!!! Got a VTX stock 'BILLBOARD' style license plate assy.....Items *should* be GW related, but I suppose a gift is a gift.
Mctoy

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
They work with heated grips. They are just porous foam. You still using the skinny stock grips ? Post a picture of your bike for verification. I don't need anything in return. I'm paying it forward. If I got something from you that would be an exchange. Now SHOW ME THE PICTURE!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pay it Forward

They work with heated grips. They are just porous foam. You still using the skinny stock grips ? Post a picture of your bike for verification. I don't need anything in return. I'm paying it forward. If I got something from you that would be an exchange. Now SHOW ME THE PICTURE!

LOL LOL LOL !!! :D
Ahh...its an 'ugly' yellow one. No one wants to see it.
Actually, when it comes to the 'information highway', I am roadkill!!!
I don't have a clue how to post one except on an email. I suppose I could look into how to place an avatar....
CHOPIN I will PM you my info.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pay it forward

There we go...Since my bike is new and stock, I sto'...er...borrowed a pic to use as my avatar for now. I DID put on a vented belly pan last night. Even tho the price, for what it is, seems a little high, the piece of mind to me is worth $70!

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
LOL LOL LOL !!! :D
Ahh...its an 'ugly' yellow one. No one wants to see it.
Actually, when it comes to the 'information highway', I am roadkill!!!
I don't have a clue how to post one except on an email. I suppose I could look into how to place an avatar....
CHOPIN I will PM you my info.
They are yours. Soak them in a pan of water for a bit and rub some dish soap on the inside forward portion that you're about to slip over the grips. Don't coat the whole interior with soap.When the grips get warm the soap will soften, so the less soap you have to use the better. Wrap a rag around it for a better grip and twist/ push/ twist /push grunt, grunt, twist/ push.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Not sure...but lubricant is apparently involved.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pay it Forward

Well.....we will be using SOAP as a lube. Which reminds me of this one time years ago in the shower....Nevermind :eek:

Seriously...Fellas, I have a new set of antenna clip on flags (Kury)
that the dealer gave me as an incentive/bonus. ($20K...Woot!!!) One American and one white. I suppose the white one is for you to design your own. Used 20 miles....free for the asking.

Remember, ya gotta get on board with the Pay it Forward idea and help us get this thing going! Anything GW or motorcycle related including tools/clothes etc.

·
Registered
280 Posts
VTXOA's pay-it-forward philosophy was, indeed, one of the things I loved about that forum. I gave away a bunch of stuff from fender bolts to stock mufflers, which made my wife happy by clearing out the garage :) It's a great idea and one hopefully that will catch on here. Over time, we all end up with extra parts that we decided not to use or don't fit or have run their course for us. PIF is a great way to ensure others have a chance to use them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Brother!
Glad to see you on here!
Didn't know you had a GW. Knew about the HD only.
Not so bad leaving 'Home' when you find family at the new place!
(Especially on a wing)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey Brother!
Glad to see you on here!
Didn't know you had a GW. Knew about the HD only.
Not so bad leaving 'Home' when you find family at the new place!
(Especially on a wing)
Hey, good to see you here, too!

When I bought my HD, I actually looked at a number of other "touring" bikes - 90's Kaw Voyager, 80's Calvacade, GW's, GW trikes. Anything with wheels I buy in person, not off ebay, so I was somewhat limited in choices from cycletrader and CL.

I really did want a GW trike, but they were stupid priced. Had I run across this deal a year ago prior to getting the HD, who knows? Better late than never on the GW trike ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Grip puppies !!!

CHOPIN114,
GOT THEM !!! :D
Man, what a difference! Thank you brother, I appreciate it. Hope more guys and gals will get on-board with this. I mean...FREE STUFF!
Doesn't get much better..Oh wait, you make some friends too!!!
Thanks again, and I still have a Kury (antenna) clip on flag set for someone.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
CHOPIN114,
GOT THEM !!! :D
Man, what a difference! Thank you brother, I appreciate it. Hope more guys and gals will get on-board with this. I mean...FREE STUFF!
Doesn't get much better..Oh wait, you make some friends too!!!
Thanks again, and I still have a Kury (antenna) clip on flag set for someone.
Thank you USPS! Going " Postal " usually has a negative connotation. If I had a hundred pairs of these I would carry them around with me and every time I saw a naked pair of grips I would cover them with these.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Bump - ANYBODY ???
Your pique my curiosity. I'm actually in the market for a flag holder, hence the reason my wife bought the trunk rack.My wife wants to fly the " Don't Tread On Me ", I said the bike will not be used for political reasons. I would like to fly a USMC flag and I was wondering if your flag clips are specific to the flags or they can be transferred to another ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chopin114,
Hey friend!
They are specific to the Kuryakyn flags. It is basically a small plastic 'tube' that you put on the antenna, that goes through the flag then has a clip at the top and bottom to secure them. It is sold by Kury for around 10 bucks I think. It is brand new. You or anyone else interested can have it. Just give me your name and shipping info.
Had hoped the PIF would take off here....:(

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
If things work out, I'll have some items for PIF.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Chopin114,
Hey friend!
They are specific to the Kuryakyn flags. It is basically a small plastic 'tube' that you put on the antenna, that goes through the flag then has a clip at the top and bottom to secure them. It is sold by Kury for around 10 bucks I think. It is brand new. You or anyone else interested can have it. Just give me your name and shipping info.
Had hoped the PIF would take off here....:(
I'll take them! I'm avoiding buying the trunk rack mount flag holders because I don't have a garage so my bike needs to sit under the cover as weather dictates. The truck rack version will require removal of the flag and /or the bracket to get the cover on safely. I'll will probably buy one anyway but for daily use having one that can fold down with the antenna will make a quick and painless cover session. Besides, the white one matches my bike. Still have my addy from the grip shipment ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts