Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a sidecar on my 1500SE and would like to extend the headset intercom cord for the passenger to the sidecar since thats the ideal place for a passenger when running a hack...

i suppose i could just cut and splice a length of multi-conductor cable into it but id rather have a pre-made extension if theres one on the market...

any thoughts on this?

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Funny I saw where J&M makes one for an 1800 with a sidecar but not a 1500.:(

If you were to cut it, make some nice soldered splices & then put heat shrink tubing over the splice I'll bet they would be great.

I agree it would be a lot nicer to just buy one factory made.

Good Luck maybe someone else knows of a comapny that makes one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...If you were to cut it, make some nice soldered splices & then put heat shrink tubing over the splice I'll bet they would be great.
yeah, definitely would do so. do electrical work nearly EVERY DAY of the week (been on 7 day schedule for just shy of 2 years now!)...

was thinking if there was an extension cord with a male and female set of ends, then i could remove it when not needed...

thanks

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
I don't think I ever saw one but why not make one??

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Take the seat off and see how far you can make the existing cord go to the right side of the bike. J&M makes an extention for the 1500 audio cable that should do the trick. If you can't find one on J&M web site I have a new one still in the pack, I'd sell. Can't remember what I paid for it but I'll sell it.for $25.00 including shipping
What ever you do when you route the cable under the seat do not cross over top of the frame members, It migh pinch the cord, seen it happen.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take the seat off and see how far you can make the existing cord go to the right side of the bike. J&M makes an extention for the 1500 audio cable that should do the trick. If you can't find one on J&M web site I have a new one still in the pack, I'd sell. Can't remember what I paid for it but I'll sell it.for $25.00 including shipping
What ever you do when you route the cable under the seat do not cross over top of the frame members, It migh pinch the cord, seen it happen.

shoot me an email with YOUR info and ill get $25 to you straight away!

i couldnt find anything on the J & M website...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.