Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Honda Goldwing Anniversary Model
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2015 Goldwing and the rear passenger headset connector was just zip tied to the seat handle. My 07 had the rubber holder and was attached to the bracket on the side of the trunk by the rear storage area. . I bought the part from the dealer but I was wonder has anyone else attached theirs somehow without drilling holes. There are two rubber tabs the go through 2 holes but inside the rear storage there is a metal plate which leaves me very little room . I would like to just use double sticky back tape but nothing i have found works with rubber.
Jim

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rear pocket on the left side should have the holes. That's where the one on my 2012 is mounted.
You can see the two holes on the diagram. You should be able to push the mount into the holes. A little silicone spray or soapy water may help.
View attachment 274175
After seeing your post I looked inside the pocket and see the holes but the bike came with kuryakyn passenger armrest and they are mounted over those holes. Thanks for bringing that up though.

·
Registered
861 Posts
That's why they tied it to the handle. I was going to ask that before. You could drill holes in the armrest bracket and use small flat head screws to hold it on. I don't think any type of adhesive will hold the rubber to the metal.

·
Registered
605 Posts
That is what the emblem adhesive was created to do. We use it to reattach the rubber side protectors to cars after the original adhesive gives out.

Reactions: poppajim

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is what the emblem adhesive was created to do. We use it to reattach the rubber side protectors to cars after the original adhesive gives out.
I will try the 3m tape before drilling any holes. I will be attaching it to the plastic not the metal.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Before you buy it just read the instructions from what you described this should be your solution. Good luck.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I used this on the volume control in the rear after I added armrests for the wife and had to move it due to space issues. After two years still tight and strong.

Reactions: poppajim

·
Registered
605 Posts
Welcome,glad I could help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts