Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has discussed many times before. However, I'm hoping to find a ruby in a mountain of rocks. Addon accessories used to produce a passenger Floorboard Risers that was a solid piece of aluminum with spacers and bolts that raised up the floorboards without any adjustment. The part had been discontinued a few years back. I asked and they didn't have any to even obtain measurements to fabricate my own. Does anyone have this part and can get me the measurements or any other information. Thanks in advance. Ride safe.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where are you from?

Is this for a GL1500?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I can't help you with measurements but I just wanted to give you a heads up on an issue. If we're talking about the same thing, a friend had them on an 1800 but when they were in place, he couldn't remove the side covers. He has since sold that bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't help you with measurements but I just wanted to give you a heads up on an issue. If we're talking about the same thing, a friend had them on an 1800 but when they were in place, he couldn't remove the side covers. He has since sold that bike.
Yes, I put the first set on a 2005 GL1800. It did make it a little harder to remove the side panels, but with a little patience it was not too bad. It made it do my wife could ride in comfort, and that;) made it so I could ride in comfort.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I found some New Old Stock riser kits for you. Check your conversations (Private Mesages).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here is another option, this what I used on my 2013, ShowChrome Accessories 52-693, unfortunately, every placed I checked they showed them as out of stock, but at least you have a part number, a set may come up on e-bay.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Greetings,
I'm in the Piedmont of NC. It is for an 1800. I had some on my 2005 GL1800. Now I have a 2008 GL1800.

Greetings from a fellow Triad-er (Kville). I would second the Kuryakyn Transformer boards for what you're seeking. I have a pair (on the shelf, not currently attached) if you'd want to check them out prior to committing money to the idea.

....sT

·
Registered
65 Posts
My wife also likes them. However, the chrome is starting to peel now. Maybe someday Kury will actually put good chrome on their parts.

FWIW......mine are black and have lasted quite well. I had them on the bike for four years or so before removing them (went bobber, so I no longer need rider boards) and the finish is still as good as it ever was. Kury silver chrome does have a rep for not wearing well, I'm afraid.

....sT

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
FWIW......mine are black and have lasted quite well. I had them on the bike for four years or so before removing them (went bobber, so I no longer need rider boards) and the finish is still as good as it ever was. Kury silver chrome does have a rep for not wearing well, I'm afraid.

....sT
If kury would have had the black ones when I bought mine, those are the ones I would l have chosen.
One thing I don't understand is why the chose gloss black and not matte black.

·
Registered
65 Posts
...One thing I don't understand is why the chose gloss black and not matte black.
I was a bit disappointed in that as well. I ride a '15 F6Bdlx with the 'Matte Silver' colour. Very little is glossed on it. On the other hand....I thought the boards would stick out like a sore thumb because of the gloss black. While they do stick out a little...it's not anywhere nearly as bad as I was afraid it would be.

.....sT

·
Registered
224 Posts
If anyone is interested, the passenger floorboard risers were sold by Show Chrome. They were Part# 2-321 and it was called the Passenger Board Relocation Kit for the 1988-00 GL1500.

Honda uses the same bolt pattern for the 2001 - 2017 GL1800 passenger floor boards. So, the Relocation Kit made for the GL1500 also fits the GL1800.
Rectangle Font Gas Metal Fashion accessory

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Wirebender from Illinois. Just joined & reading some interesting threads. Wife only
4'10". Made my own risers. Used solid 4×4x1
aluminum block. Had to cut off 1" off for a
3" rise. Drilled holes to mount to bike and
also to mount floor boards. Wife very comfortable now. These were added to 2015
Silver trike with a 2020 Road Smith conversion. Note: drill holes slowly to prevent
bit from traveling side ways instead of 90 deg
vertically. Drill press would work if I had one.
Been on motorcycles 52 years. Still have 1986 Suzuki Cavalcade.

·
Super Moderator
12,265 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Wirebender.
Head over to the New Members thread and introduce yourself.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts