Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend is short and needs a booster seat so she take better pictures as she can not see around my helmet.

I want to purchase some type of a booster seat to elevate her and then purchase a gel pak also to cushion her a little more.

As we are trying to achieve about 4" ---we are tired of rolling up a blanket or a pillow which is very uncomfortable during the heavy rains.

As she weighs less than 100 lbs I am not concerned with the top heavy load other than the ones with her top heavy upper extremities.

If anybody has suggestions or have already done the same please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
I hear what you are saying about gaining heigth, but I would have a concern about balance (hers not yours) if she is elevated too high off the seat and a loss of back support. Perhaps a custom seat would be a better (and safer) choice. JMHO

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
You can use a seat pad but that will only give you a few inches, you might take the seat to an upholstery shop and ask them to remove some foam from your part of the seat to lower you and add some in the rear to raise her up. 4" is a lot, be careful.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Wind buffeting would be tremendous if she was above your helmet.

I heard it takes some getting used to.... sitting behind someone on a bike. I have no first hand knowledge of doing so, but I can imagine my complaints if I had to do so.

A 500cc Kawasaki Vulcan fitted with a windshield and some saddlebags would work great for her if she doesn't want you in front of her.

Or, have her sit on your lap. :)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Have to agree with what Joe and Larry say. Balance for her and comfort, and the wind buffetting also. In this age of digital, she can extend her camera hand and shoot without the viewfinder and with practice get some very good shots. I do it while riding at times (not recommended really) and it works so. Nice thing about it you don't have to pay for those poor shots like with film slr's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts