Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just purchased a used 90 SE Gl1500.

The passenger floorboard look like it has a Accordion on the right side.
He is wanting to let it down. Don't need to be raised like it is. Hard to get cover off and wife don't need it up so far up. Only one is up, left side is down.
He is tired of me teasing him about all his passengers is going to have a shorter right leg to ride with him. Told his wife to get a set of " KISS" performance boots and wear the left side so she would ride even.
She didn't think that was to funny. :mad:

Anyone know how to adjust it down ?

......... two guns

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
There should be a lever under one of the side pockets (I think the left) that if you pull/push it the floorboard will come up. To put it down you pull/push the lever and step on the board until it goes to the desired position.

At least that's the way they worked on my 98 GL1500 SE..

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
I actually think it's on Right Hand side Two Wheel, so one of us should be right.;) It does adjust the way my fellow Keystoner says though.

A bit of an update two guns. It always worked best for my little lady to be sitting on the bike when she adjusted the floorboards.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
It should be on the right side passenger pocket. If you have one up and one down then the locking mechanism might be broken. I had to replace mine on my 1500 because of a broken lock pin. Oh BTW if it is broken on the side that is up and you just want it in the down position all the time you can do like I did until I replace the boards. You can use a plastic tie wrap and tie it down. You have to undo the three screws under the bottom and move the rubber accordion boot and then push the floorboard down and tie it with the tie wrap.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
I actually think it's on Right Hand side Two Wheel, so one of us should be right.;) It does adjust the way my fellow Keystoner says though.

A bit of an update two guns. It always worked best for my little lady to be sitting on the bike when she adjusted the floorboards.
It's been so long since I had my 1500 so my memory must be going..

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
the lever to unlock the passenger boards is just under the right pocket beneth the passenger volume control

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I don't recall my 1500 having adjustable passenger boards; but then again I often forget what I did yesterday so. Glad some of the 1500 owners came to the rescue though.

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
I don't recall my 1500 having adjustable passenger boards; but then again I often forget what I did yesterday so. Glad some of the 1500 owners came to the rescue though.
only 1500 se's have adjustable passenger boards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts