Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
went out today, got about 50 miles and my passenger wanted to go home.... (cold) (temp said 55deg, and sunny), she was dressed well, i believe its the wind, not necessarily buffeting just plain wind...i'm 5'8 she's 5'0 (in 3" heels ), the bike is a 01 gl 1800, it has a TC1800NV T-167-C Gold Wing GL 1800 Tulsa windshield, i feel nothing when riding (3/4 helmet, face shield up), what do you all think i can do to lessen the wind behind me..... biggest bang for the buck works for me.....but i've got to get it done or its not going to be fun riding until its 95+ outside.....i appreciate the help.....no ones happy until the boss smiles....
thanks,
joe

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Its surprising how something as small as a set of Baker Wings can make such a big difference, but they sure do. But if the problem is a cross wind, about the only thing you can try is leaving the 3 inch heels home.

·
Administrator
29,073 Posts
+1 to what Randy says. Baker Products rock. :punk:

And they are one of our Site Sponsors. Here's a link to all that's available. Had both the Hand Wings & Air Wings on my 1500. Not only kept air off the pillion in cold but when it was 90+ brought some needed air in for evaporative cooling.:jiggy:

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/gl1800.html

·
Administrator
29,073 Posts
i'm going to check the link (thank you!), but,..... the HEELS stay......its a deal breaker ya' know......
Hey I don't blame you! I'd keep the heels too.

:ThumbsUp:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If she's only 5' then take a look at the Kury rear air foil. These seem to help the shorter passengers. My wife @ 5'8" claimed no help at all but, after asking many on another forum, that claimed the foil worked, I found most were shorter passengers!

·
Premium Member
24,530 Posts
My bike has a Windbender shield, Tulsa mirror deflectors, and Baker leg wings. No complaints from herself in 40*f and rain (well other than the expected that is). Mind you, I block a tad more wind than the average bear I reckon...:icon_razz:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.