Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help finding two parts to repair my bike. My local dealer is striking out on these two and the expected arrival date is the end of April. Losing a month in getting my bike back together is depressing. My dealer tells me that these were changed slightly in 2010 so they have to be this years. So, anyone out there who knows of a place I can find these two I sure would appreciate knowing about it.

The parts are:
part / number / color
Left side cowl / 64292-MCA-010YC / R325M
Cowl upper stay A / 64510-MCA-A60

They have everything else sitting in a pile, but without these two they can’t start. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I'm not going to say your dealer is wrong, but the 2010 and 2009 were the last years produced by the Honda plant in the USA. When they finished the 09 run they produced the 10 model. Other than color selections they should be identical bikes. I can't believe Honda would have made any changes from 1 model year to another especially on the Tupperware, unless it was to fix a problem. Perhaps the issue is the color and not the part itself. I would ask to see the microfiche for the 2010 and 2009 models to see if in fact the part is changed. JMO

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I also didn’t think they would change something for one last run. I found the outer cowl part in the right color but they couldn’t get the stay. I’ll give that place a call this morning, if they have both or the stay I will let you know.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer called me yesterday morning and all the parts came in. Honda responded to the dealer “critical part need” and shipped it from Japan. I thought that was pretty good being three weeks earlier than they said. I found all but one part on my own, but without that it didn’t do any good so I let it go.

We are leaving for Memphis this morning on the Yamaha. Weather looks perfect.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
The dealer called me yesterday morning and all the parts came in. Honda responded to the dealer “critical part need” and shipped it from Japan. I thought that was pretty good being three weeks earlier than they said. I found all but one part on my own, but without that it didn’t do any good so I let it go.

We are leaving for Memphis this morning on the Yamaha. Weather looks perfect.
Were pulling for you. Your the man to light the fire to keep the wheels burning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts