Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 gl1800
1,460 Posts
That's how it started. Kid ordered the wrong washer and I had not taken it apart yet and of course it was the wrong one. Got it straightened out at the dealer today knowing the part number.
Sometimes you can't blame the parts person. The Honda parts fiche is not user friendly. Glad you got it figured out.
I fact, if you plug that part number into the Wingstuff search, it doesn't come up, but the 'waterpipe' fiche shows the part number.
You would think that this part would show up in the cooling system fiche. Wrong!

·
Registered
2007 Crucible Orange GL1800 converted to CSC Viper
25 Posts
Honda has had a goofy way of listing parts in the diagrams for years and you sometimes have to get creative when looking. I remember years ago parts shopping for replacement parts for my 1500 after I was rear ended on the highway by a drunk. He took off and I chased him down and got him but that's another story... But one of the things I needed was a new saddlebag subframe and I searched high and low in the diagrams to find the part number. You would think it would be listed under frame. It is listed under engine guard. Surprisingly it still is for my 2007.

I have no idea why because it does nothing to protect the engine but that's where I finally found it. And there are many more examples of this. Go figure...

·
Registered
2012 gl1800
1,460 Posts
Honda has had a goofy way of listing parts in the diagrams for years and you sometimes have to get creative when looking. I remember years ago parts shopping for replacement parts for my 1500 after I was rear ended on the highway by a drunk. He took off and I chased him down and got him but that's another story... But one of the things I needed was a new saddlebag subframe and I searched high and low in the diagrams to find the part number. You would think it would be listed under frame. It is listed under engine guard. Surprisingly it still is for my 2007.

I have no idea why because it does nothing to protect the engine but that's where I finally found it. And there are many more examples of this. Go figure...
The engine guards used to be called CRASH BARS. Should be called 'shiny pieces that bend and get scratched when you drop the bike". The only thing they really do is hold the highway pegs.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sometimes you can't blame the parts person. The Honda parts fiche is not user friendly. Glad you got it figured out.
I fact, if you plug that part number into the Wingstuff search, it doesn't come up, but the 'waterpipe' fiche shows the part number.
You would think that this part would show up in the cooling system fiche. Wrong!
I find online dealing with Ronnies Mail Order GW Parts fiche very easy to find what I need. It is the same the Dealers use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts