Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 06 gw. I would like to get an 06 service manual. Should I order a used paper one, or one of the cd's I see on the net , I want it just for the basic stuff. I've read on this site how to do an oil change etc, but it sounds awfull complicated without pict. etc, pulling off side covers without breaking tabs, etc. Would a cd that shows everything (I hope ) be better than paper?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I bought the Honda DVD from Wingstuff for my '08 and am very pleased with it. It includes the service manual, owners manual, parts catalog, 6 or 7 how-to videos, ETM, color wiring diagrams, step-by-step troubleshooting procedures and more.

Like they say in the reviews for it, you can print out the pages you need to do the work and when you're finished with the repairs, just toss them in the trash.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
deanw: I was asking myself the same question and going to make a post thread of it. If Radarsdad gives it a thumbs up , that's good enough for me. Good timely post from my perspective.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i like paper over the cd/dvd because i don't have to use my paper and ink everytime i have a job to do and no need to reprint the next time you do the job

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Good point detdrbuzzard. The " printed edition " does have the advantage of portability. Sometimes I like a little reading when I'm sitting down......

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yeah, but you won't use much paper or ink cuz the Goldwing rarely breaks down and since we're all "old men" for owning Goldwings, the large print is helpful too. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Both, Then only decision is to buy? If you are working on the bike, the book is the way to go for studying CD/DVD is good. Head

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
The up side is when members here have a technical question, I may actually be able to give some technical advise. My thought is that with the CD specific topics or videos could be loaded to my computer and posted here when needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts