Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,549 Posts
Been using one over 10 years and never an issue.

Many folks use them for drink coolers.

We use ours differently, see the thread attached.

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I've had a Pakit Rak for about 7 years, and I also have no complaints. Well, maybe one niggling one - the little plastic 'chrome' strip they put around the edges of the tray is coming off and looks a little tacky. Other than that, very well made - both the rack and the bag. The bag may not look very fancy, but it sure is holding up well, including the zippers. I keep the rain cover on mine all the time it's on the bike just to keep the bag from getting too dusty. All in all, it's one of those things I bought that I remain very happy with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read a review that said that it blocks the license plate. Is that so, and more importantly, have you had any issues with it? How about the lights?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
It blocks the license plate from some angles (directly behind, and low), but I've certainly never been stopped for it. I've never heard of anyone being stopped for it. I did read a post once where someone made a colour copy of their plate, laminated it, and attached it to the back of their pack. I personally don't think it's a concern unless you're intending on piling something very large and tall on the rack.

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
My wife and I traveled through customs into Canada with the rack (loaded with gear) and then back into the states without any issues.

·
Super Moderator
28,549 Posts
@HS Driver like the guys said. The only time I was ever questioned was by a North Dakota border agent (who I still say was just bored and wanted someone to talk too). After a friendly debate, he conceded and made a great restaurant recommendation. Our set up is even taller than most because we use it to haul an extra luggage bag, not a cooler. Many times we have been passed on the road by law enforcement, been giving thumbs up, or waved at but never hassled.

I guess if it really bothers someone you could always attach the plate to the rack. That doesn't work for me, because when we get to the hotel, I pull the hitch pins and carry the entire rack into the room. So my plate would then not be on the bike.

Reactions: NREMTP
1 - 9 of 9 Posts