Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wandering if anybody has ever used the Pakit Rak system for the back of their motorcycle ? Or maybe some other kind of carrying system for a Honda Glodwing ?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Since I already had a trailer hitch on mine, I made a rack that fits into the hitch. Don't use it often, but have used it for a cooler and ice for nice cold drinks.

·
Super Moderator
27,679 Posts
Here is the one I use for 10 years now. We use it for luggage and works great. Click on the link. My good pal Budoka uses a pakit rack for a cooler also.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I use the one by Rivco, been using for about 4 years and it's a life saver for the way my wife packs. It requires no cutting of the area around the license plate area like the Pak It Rack.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are many options available. I chose to install a hitch (hidden and no cutting) and then attached a packit rack to that. I even installed the wiring for a trailer although I don't currently have any plans to go that route. You can get just a rack system, but the amount of labor to install it is similar to installing a hitch and it is not nearly as sturdy. IMHO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use the one by Rivco, been using for about 4 years and it's a life saver for the way my wife packs. It requires no cutting of the area around the license plate area like the Pak It Rack.
Thanks for the info that’s exactly what I was wanting to know 👌

·
Administrator
26,123 Posts
I really like my Pakit Rack. Sure makes carrying extras easy. Only issue I've had is sometimes the receiver gets a bit sticky and hard to remove the insert from the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Have you guys ever had any issues about the fact your stuff total blocks the ability to see the license plate?

·
Administrator
26,123 Posts
"The first rule of Italian driving: what's behind me is not important!" Raul Julia in Gumball Rally. Crossed the continent and several trips across Western Canada an never an issue with LEOs

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have not for 3 years but that said I finally bought the light kit from Rivco that has spot to mount the license plate. I color copied the license plate and had it laminated and installed it in a plate holder and mounted it to the light kit.

·
Super Moderator
27,679 Posts
@823Jim

I was only questioned one time by an overzealous North Dakota stationed Customs Agent. I have been in nine Canadian provinces and the lower 48 with our setup, passed by many state troopers and local Leo's and with the exception of the one guy, never had an issue. Even had many of them acknowledge us on the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts