Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a pair of Bluetooth enabled hearing aids. They connect to my phone and work great. I was considering connecting them to my Sena SMH 10 on the bike. Has anyone done this?

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
If you're talking about removing the speakers in your helmet and just using hearing aids I think that would be a great idea. I wear hearing aids also, but mine are not bluetooth, so I remove my hearing aids before putting on the helmet. The location of the speakers in the helmet provide enough audio that hearing aids would be to much.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're talking about removing the speakers in your helmet and just using hearing aids I think that would be a great idea. I wear hearing aids also, but mine are not bluetooth, so I remove my hearing aids before putting on the helmet. The location of the speakers in the helmet provide enough audio that hearing aids would be to much.
That’s exactly what I’m planning on doing. I’ll let you know if I can make it work.

Steve

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
That is a great question. I think it likely they would pair to the SR10 but don't really know about the SMH10. Of course, you would need the SMH10's controls to adjust volume, use the intercom, or use the phone.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If I were you, I would make sure the helmet fits over the hearing aids first. I just got my hearing aids this spring. First thing I noticed they are NOT helmet friendly at all! Don't like being under the helmet and not enough room around the ears for the aids that hide behind my ears. I also like wearing ear plugs for the wind noise when I ride. So hearing aids go into the trunk in a special little box. Just my experience.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My wife finds that her helmet(s) and her hearing aids are not very compatible for her. She says they tend to become more noticeable/uncomfortable within a short period of time.

·
Administrator
15,305 Posts
Watch out when you take the helmet off. I have pulled my hearing aids loose taking the helmet off. The last time one went flipping off into the grass. I did manage to find it, but that was the last time I wore them while riding.

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Administrator
29,013 Posts
I don't wear mine either because of said comfortability, and also tried once and when I took the helmet off it went flying just as Mark said.

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried on my helmet and it didn’t fit well with the hearing aids. Thanks for the input.

Steve

·
Registered
91 Posts
With my old (6 or 7 years) helmet, which fit very loose all ready, my hearing aids fit under but went for a 'ride' when removing the helmet. The new one that fits like it should, no way! My one pair of sunglasses does not fit to well either. That's why the hearing aids are in the trunk in a little box!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts