Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
other than color rite where do you get paint a wing from? i am looking to getsomepaint for my 1200 wing but can't find it on color rite's website. the paint code is uyr 123 mu

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think its premium beige metallic

·
Registered
515 Posts
touching up or re-painting? Some of those paint come at a premium price...when I was looking at painting the trailer, I about fell over at the cost.:eek:

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
You could also try just about any automotive paint shop in your area. Most of them have the charts to match any paint colors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Take your bike to a store that sells automotive pants. Some have a camera that they take a picture of your paint. This will give them a formula for your paint. Thae they can mix it for you.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks bamaeagle and bikeguy but i'll try that. whacker i just got some paint from colorrire for my 1500 wing earlier this year and agree, you'll get sticker shock when you get the price. budoka some places list the code as uyr123mu others have it listed yr123mu

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Aw heck, just paint with some flat house paint and a brush!!!!!!!

:D . :D . :D

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aw heck, just paint with some flat house paint and a brush!!!!!!!

:D . :D . :D
how about some rustolium, i have a couple cans of black and some good paint brushes :D

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Then it can look something like Astor123's bike!

:D

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Then it can look something like Astor123's bike!

:D
you've never seen me paint and you don't want to and why did you have to bring up astor 123? can't we leave the past in the past :D

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Yeah detdr I noticed the discrepancies in the code #'s and that's a bit confusing. Did you take the # off the fuel door or inside the dummy tank? I forget exactly where the code tags are on some of the models. The camera or computer colour match thing might be best as time will change the OEM colours and you'd likely end up with a fading/brightness mismatch if it's just a part or small area to be redone.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got the code off the fuel door and checked on the saunders forum to make sure i had it right

1 - 15 of 15 Posts