Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a conundrum. Let’s hear some thoughts.
I own an 85 limited, a 91 special edition, and a 2010.
The first 2 are painted in the gold and brown color scheme I truly love and the 2010 is black metallic.
I have trailers for the 85 and 91 that both match the bikes (same color schemes of course) and I want to tow a trailer with the 2010. I’m being cheap and not buying another trailer for the 2010 both for the cost and the room it takes to keep 3 separate rig setups. Do i rip one of the trailers away from the other two bikes and have it repainted to match the 2010 or do i get my 2010 painted to match the other 2 bikes and just be able to grab either trailer for the road?
I love the looks of the older body styles with the 2 tone paint but I’m not sure if it‘ll look good on the newer but getting older 1800? The black meta flake is really hard to keep clean and shows every bit of dust and any marks. That’s part of the reason I’m contemplating painting the bike. The older bikes just look so badass sitting in the garage next to each other hooked up and ready to go that i feel bad breaking up the set to repaint one.

thoughts?

thank you.

·
Registered
2015 Goldwing F6B 45th Ed
67 Posts
Why don't u mix and match and paint the trailer, how they have the military patch work (not sure what is the term)..
You can patch...brown n black
Or try golden and brown...
I tried to Google some images...but nothing which fits the image in my mind.. ;)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Since you already have one trailer the matches the 85 and 91, paint the second trailer to match the 2010. It wold be much more inexpensive and easier to match the trailer to the bike. You would have to completely remove all the plastic pieces of the bike to paint it. Cleaning the black trailer should be easier than cleaning the black bike.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Have you considered vinyl wrapping one or the other? Or both?

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since you already have one trailer the matches the 85 and 91, paint the second trailer to match the 2010. It wold be much more inexpensive and easier to match the trailer to the bike. You would have to completely remove all the plastic pieces of the bike to paint it. Cleaning the black trailer should be easier than cleaning the black bike.
This is my 1st thought. I’m not a real fan of the 2010 color and thats why I’m asking for opinions. I know it’d be easier and probably cheaper just to paint the trailer. Still a conundrum. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
sounds like you are just asking for permission to paint your 2010.
depends on how much work you are willing to do or pay to have done
the hard part would be getting all the front plastic off
the bags and trunk would be easy
just need a good manual to show were all the screws are

sometimes it is nice to have the one and only

Reactions: Lonewolfhtp

·
Super Moderator
7,647 Posts
Be unique and paint the 2010 in the same colors as the 85 & 91, it will be one of a kind 1800. I knew an individual who painted a GL1800 in the same colors as the 1200SEi and it looked very nice.

·
Registered
184 Posts
So, be nice to see some pics of the two bike and trailer setups.

If you want to paint the bike, then paint the bike. Looking ahead, you not only will never get that money back; it may well lower what you could sell the bike for in the future.

Not sure the brand or style of your existing trailers. There are a number of trailers out there in black that can be purchased for less than the cost of painting the Wing.

or you could buy a 2018 in brown metallic. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would think painting the trailer, would be much cheap'rrr, as well as much easier.... Not having to remove all the body parts (on the bike) would save you hours plus $$$

Ronnie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts