Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Wing is an '08 with the dark maroon paint--its a great color that when clean draws lots of compliments. Problem is, the paint surface seems to be terrably soft and shows any and all touches, light rubs with a finger, a hand or a dangling mike cord. I have used several waxes, all supposed to be good, and thay do minimize the scratches, but the damage is there. I assume the paint is clear coat, but not hard surface like car or truck paint. I finally decided not to close the saddlebags unless I placed my hand low and on the narrow piece of trim. I wonder if other GW colors are just as easily scratched, and also if anybody out in Wingland knows of a really good product to deal with this. Thanx for any and all advice.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I use Mothers Wax I dont have a new paint job for sure but it helps alot!

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I was looking at the Wing in the garage today and noticed 2 big scratches down the side of the saddlebag. Not a happy camper. Think it happened when I was dragging the artificial tree past the bike to put up in the rafters of the garage. So I guess I'll be trying some of the products that are mentioned here... Bummer man......

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do use Mother's wheel cleaner/polish, best I ever found. Wonder how much wax or polish with some amount of compound in it can be used w/o going through the clear coat. That would be kinda like sinkin the ship to get rid of the rats.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I had some n'er do well key my ST a few years ago and bought Quixx scratch remover system. It works darn well, but you have to takeyour time and follow the steps to the letter. Any scratches deeper than the colour coat are not repairable other than a repaint. Don't get fooled by the tv ads that use a colour stick to "magically heal" the scar either. They DON"T work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts