Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be cheaper to paint my whole wing or order each color part to change the pearl yellow out?

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Would it be cheaper to paint my whole wing or order each color part to change the pearl yellow out?
It would be cheaper just to trade bikes with me.....Then BOOM!!!! New Color:D

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
If you can't work a deal with the Ref. I'm betting it would be cheaper to have it repainted. I would suggest stripping the plastic off the bike and find a good paint shop. If you've never done it before and don't have a good dust free place to paint in, it is pretty easy to make a mess that will cost you a whole lot more to have fixed.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
When you start pricing out all that plastic you'll soon come the to the realization that painting the bike is going to be far less expensive.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
You could probably get it painted for around $2500 if you take it apart yourself.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Don't understand the change.....I love the Yellow Pearl...Its better to see you with

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Undressing the Wing and then painting it (well having it painted) will save money for sure, but your labour wil be big. However, getting that up close and personal thing by getting to know the bike more intimately will certainly solidify your bonds. Heck, Joe In Calif used to undress his Wing just for something to do (well almost:D)

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't understand the change.....I love the Yellow Pearl...Its better to see you with
every time i go some were i got to hear some ones mouth about the color , they say stuff like hey big bird , hey pac man , sponge bob , STEELER bike , i know i shouldnt care but its getting old hearing this crap

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
every time i go some were i got to hear some ones mouth about the color , they say stuff like hey big bird , hey pac man , sponge bob , STEELER bike , i know i shouldnt care but its getting old hearing this crap
In my line of work, those names are much more acceptable. Knowing you though "STEELER Bike" was last straw.;)

·
Super Moderator
28,505 Posts
Gordo, take off the Tupperware yourself, hookup with a paint guy & get the job done. That would be my opinion.

I personally always loved the Yellow Wing. I think of that yellow as imposing as Corvette Yellow. Just don't listen to anyone & you should be just fine. Besides who cares what anyone else thinks or says?

Just one Ole Fossil's opinion.;)

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Just march to the beat of your own drum Gordo. I mean it's not like it's Pepto Bismol pink or anything:eek: There was a post back a bit ago about the coloured wraps so that's also an option...:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just march to the beat of your own drum Gordo. I mean it's not like it's Pepto Bismol pink or anything:eek: There was a post back a bit ago about the coloured wraps so that's also an option...:cool:
Hmmm I'll have to see if I can find that

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
checked the wrap out looks cool but i dont have time to do that, might get some air brush work done

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Think back to why you bought a yellow Wing in the first place. If it's not the color you wanted then go get it painted. If it is, then ignore the idiots that make those comments and realize they are just jealous. Ride safe and enjoy your Wing...

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lee I've dealt with this for over a year now , and when I meet someone new it's always the same stupid remarks , seems like it will never stop , but I might have a answer I'm talking to a painter now that might do some Raven airbrush work on it , that would be one of a kind

·
Premium Member
23,794 Posts
Lee I've dealt with this for over a year now , and when I meet someone new it's always the same stupid remarks , seems like it will never stop , but I might have a answer I'm talking to a painter now that might do some Raven airbrush work on it , that would be one of a kind
Custom paint job? Now we're talking. Add some blue, a bit of white....... I'm having a vision.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Custom paint job? Now we're talking. Add some blue, a bit of white....... I'm having a vision.
wow your scary thats what im going to do on the saddle bags , on the sides of the tank a front face raven and on the front fender something special

1 - 20 of 39 Posts